latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2 has gone Phantom on me… can't remove

Home Forums Community Forum S2 has gone Phantom on me… can't remove

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 11th, 2013 at 12:38 pm #55559

S2 has gone Phantom on me… can’t remove it from CiviCRM installed on WordPress (all current versions)

I have a theme that S2 was installed on… then I found a Non-Profit Public Domain Software solution for dealing with Donations that is fantastic.

But I can’t get S2 removed… Steps I tried so far are:

1) Went to Network Admin and Network Deactivated S2
2) When prompted I deleted the files for a full removal
3) When that didn’t work (S2 was still showing up in CiviCRM User Roles and Permissions)
4) I went in with FTP and renamed the three S2 Folders
5) CiviCRM still shows S2 in the User Roles and Permissions
6) Checked in MySQL looking with PHP MyAdmin for a culprit in there… and didn’t see what could be changed to make this go away…
7) Each time I attempt to access the Donation page — I get — you don’t have Permission to access page
8) I even went into the User Roles and Permissions and “checked” permissions for each of S2’s four levels that are still in there — with no change in result.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 3:51 am #55620
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

The issue you’re having is due to the way that WordPress handles Roles and Capabilities. Roles and Capabilities are set in the database, and unless you turn off s2Member’s Deactivation Safeguards here, and deactivate it through the Dashboard s2Member won’t delete these Roles:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards

You’ll want to reactivate s2Member, turn off these safeguards, and then deactivate it again. That should do it. If it doesn’t, check out this article on resetting your Roles:

http://www.the-osp.com/restore-your-default-wordpress-roles

This article details some really complex stuff, so I’d try just following my instructions first. I can tell you for sure that the above will work without a doubt, because I’ve used it myself.
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 9:08 am #55669

Thanks Bruce…
I’m guessing that I’ll just have to reinstall S2 without Pro to get rid of the roles…
Please verify…
Much appreciated!
R

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 9:52 am #55670

Now getting to a crisis stage!
Reinstalled S2, went to the site… took off the safeguards… uninstalled everything.
Went into CiviCRM, looked at User Roles and Permissions and S2 was all over the place in there…
Went to the donation page… and get this message

Sorry but we are not able to provide this at the moment.
You do not have permission to access this page
Return to home page.

What next?

Thanks!!

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 7:35 am #55750

When the deactivation safeguards are disabled in s2Member, all s2 data and settings will be removed by s2Member. If there’s anything left, then you probably didn’t disable the safeguards; did you make sure you saved the changes after changing that setting?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.