latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2 member forum topic protection

Home Forums Community Forum s2 member forum topic protection

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 18th, 2012 at 7:48 am #16766
FBI
Username: dynamicproducer

I am having an issue understanding how to protect my bbpress topics by default via s2member.
Currently, i have the forums set so that when users not at level 1 or higher click, it takes them to our registration page, so that is fine, BUT, is a guest clicks on say “5 days” or whatever the Freshness is, they can view the topic and I don’t want that. I tried to set the uri restriction with the url that includes topic but that didn’t work.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 19th, 2012 at 5:41 am #16860

Hi there.

I don’t’ have a bbPress installation to test this. Could you show me the links in your site, and what did you enter in your URI restriction to try protecting it? You can use the contact form if you don’t want to share your site: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 11:00 am #17020
FBI

sent!

Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 6:18 pm #17041

Thanks.

You had entered the URL for topics instead of the URI. I changed it from http://yoursite.com/topic/ to just [hilite mono]/topic/[/hilite] and it’s working now. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions[/hilite]

This is a URL http://www.example.com/path/to/file.php, and this is the URI: /path/to/file.php.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 8:13 am #17113
FBI

thanks!!

Posted: Friday Jun 22nd, 2012 at 6:00 am #17170

No problem. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.