latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2 member on domain question for subdomain.

Home Forums Community Forum s2 member on domain question for subdomain.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jim Climy 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 12:23 pm #9880
James Woodard
Username: Pawn

I have s2member on my main domain. My question is, can I set it up so a customer views the comics on the sub domain. the whole sub domain secure even the home page. For instance, I click link for comic I want to read on the main domain. It then redirects me to the sub domain for that comic only if I am logged in. If the customer is not logged into their account the subdomain will send them to the membership sign page. Is this possible making the entire sub domain locked?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 4:30 pm #9943
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I assume you are just showing files in a sub-domain and not a full blown application on the sub-domain. If so, then you can use the “download restriction” link options to ensure that members can access the files.

In order to do that, your sub-domain would need to be inside the s2member-files folder in the plugin directory of wordpress. This is the main folder protected by s2members.

If you are using an application, you would need to go a little further by including the wordpress base as shown in this article:
http://www.s2member.com/kb/protecting-non-wordpress-content-with-s2member/

Hope that helps,
Dave

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:28 am #15488
Jim Climy
Username: weasel

Is there a way to just block a subdomain with URI or similar, if that subdomain does a cname redirect to an entirely different website that I am not even hosting? However I am working with that other website and they will only accept incoming traffic from my site.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Jim Climy.
Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 8:41 am #15492
Jim Climy
Username: weasel

It looks like I can’t block subdomains. But maybe I can make a menu item with URI which redirects to the external site which I can block? Or can I block certain external links from being clicked on in my site?

Working as intended, they would click the links and be directed to a membership signup unless they were members in which case they would be forwarded along without issue.

If the user is logged into my site and a member goes to the link directly (bypassing my redirects), it may work OK which is fine, since the cookie being logged in my site is set. If they are not a member and bypass, they won’t get any further with any of the links, but would skip the registration page (since my redirects would not catch him).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.