latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2 member pro

Home Forums Community Forum s2 member pro

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 21st, 2012 at 8:26 am #19894
Peter Shaw
Username: petershaw

Hi. I purchased s2 member pro this morning as I have failed to properly install s2 member framework. Now I can’t install s2 member pro, despite following the steps laid out in “Troubleshooting” exactly. It is supposed to install automatically, but doesn’t. Can’t you make this a lot more user friendly? It is very frustrating.
Secondly, I have a problem with s2 member framework. It is installed and running, but when new paid members attempt to log in, they are greeted with “Account not confirmed”, DESPITE them having followed the confirmation link. They are therefore unable to log in. They are shown as paid members on the User list.
Hope you are able to help.
Kind regards
Peter

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 21st, 2012 at 9:52 am #19898
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Peter,

The pro version of s2Member requires the free version of s2Member, also, only the free version is installed automatically, the pro version has to be installed manually with the free version already installed. You can check exact instructions in this link:
s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions

Regarding the users not being able to login, I can’t think of any reason why this would happen. Have you tried doing a compatibility test with your theme and the plugins? For the theme simply switch it to the default WordPress theme (TwentyEleven). For the plugins simply deactivate them all, if the problem disappears, then re-activate the one-by-one until the problem appears again.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 5:22 am #19967
Peter Shaw

Hi Eduan, Thank you for this. I have followed the instructions to load s2 member-pro to the letter, and I end up with:
wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/pro-module.php. As I understand it, this is correct. However, it is still not recognized by s2member. If I have correctly read the instructions, when I look at installed plugins, the description of s2member should now have s2member-pro added to it as the version. It does not. Do you have any other ideas ? Thanks.
Kind regards
Peter

Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 7:55 am #19981

Hi Peter.

when new paid members attempt to log in, they are greeted with “Account not confirmed”

That is not a message s2Member would give. The confirmation email s2Member sends has nothing to do with confirming the account, it’s just giving the user confirmation of the purchase.

I’m guessing that that has to do with BuddyPress, since it adds account activation to the registration process. Or it may be some other plugin that alters registration.

wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/pro-module.php. As I understand it, this is correct. However, it is still not recognized by s2member.

Yes, that is correct. And you mention having the Framework installed properly too. The only other thing that comes to mind would be a mismatch in version between the Framework and the Pro add-on. Could you verify that they are both the same version, please?

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 23rd, 2012 at 9:06 am #19986
Peter Shaw

Hi. Thank you for your response. Both the Framework and the Pro are v120703.

Yes, perhaps the other problem is Buddypress related. I am running on the special Buddypress theme, too.

However, I am not a technical person and I am getting the very strong feeling that I am knocking my head against a brick wall. Unless you can think of any other solutions, I think I will abandon this.

I would also like a refund of my $69, in line with your support policy as I have not been able to install the product having followed your advice and that of Eduan. Thank you.

Kind regards
Peter

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 3:38 am #20032
Peter Shaw

Hi Guys, well its 18 hours later, and still no response. I would prefer to sort out these problems and run s2member, but at present I am stumped and it looks as though you are too. Please arrange for my refund as soon as possible, as I shall now have to purchase something else. Thank you.
Kind regards
Peter

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 7:10 am #20039
Peter Shaw

Hi. The account verification problem was a Buddypress issue, and is now sorted. Still haven’t resolved the s2member Pro problem, though.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 24th, 2012 at 8:28 am #20058

Hi Peter.

Sorry I didn’t get to your post sooner, but I do try to reply whithin 24 hours.

Thanks for confirming it was BuddyPress doing that.

About the installation problem, I’d like to take a look at your site. Could you please send the login info using the contact form? s2Member® » Private Contact Form Thanks. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 7:58 am #20189

Just got your email. Thanks for the info.

I found the problem, you had a space in the folder’s name: s2 member-pro instead of s2member-pro.

I removed the space and now s2Member Pro is active in your WP admin. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 1:49 pm #20218
Peter Shaw

Hi Cristian, Thank you so much ! I would never have found that in a million years. You’ve made me a very happy customer !
Kind regards
Peter

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 5:15 pm #20228

I’m glad I could help! :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.