latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2 Member Security Badge not working

Home Forums Community Forum s2 Member Security Badge not working

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 12th, 2013 at 1:39 pm #47319

My security badge has stopped working.

I checked off the items at http://www.s2member.com/kb/security-badges/. I have complied with all of them.

My theme is the one that you recommended for compatibility. I’m running only a few plugins, most of the likely suspect ones are plugins that you recommended or have noted are compatible. I deactivated them one by one to see whether any of them were causing the problem – with no results.

I do know that several days ago the server that hosts my site was subject to a brute force wp-admin login attack. My site was not compromised, thanks, in part, to the login / IP restrictions in your plugin. However the server may have erected a new firewall to combat the problem – I can’t imagine how this could effect the operation of your security badge though. Could it?

Let me know whether you will take a look at my site to see what the problem is. Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 13th, 2013 at 12:29 am #47375
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

s2Member version v130404 changed some things regarding the security badge and logging. You should’ve seen a notice when you upgraded s2Member. You need to disable logging on your setup and delete all of your log files from the s2member-files directory to get your security badge to show up correctly.

See: s2Member® Unified Changelog » v130404

Posted: Saturday Apr 13th, 2013 at 12:25 pm #47425

Hi Bruce – Thanks – Yes, the logs are disabled and were empty. My site is still rated a “1” for “secure,” it’s just not displaying the badge. Do you want me to just send you the site?

Posted: Monday Apr 15th, 2013 at 6:57 pm #47530
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Bruce – Thanks – Yes, the logs are disabled and were empty. My site is still rated a “1″ for “secure,” it’s just not displaying the badge. Do you want me to just send you the site?

Yes, please. Could you send us a Dashboard login so we can take a look via Private Contact Form?

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.