latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2 Member vs S2 Pro

Home Forums Community Forum S2 Member vs S2 Pro

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 7:40 pm #43917

I’m using S2 and finding I can’t easily integrate a registration along with a paid subscription button. Registration is done after the payment is rendered and I need certain terms agreed to for legal purposes. Pay Pal standard can’t do it.
After reviewing the S2 Pro add on, it appears this can be accomplished in one step. However – is the subscriber (member) registration data automatically stored in User Profile of WP, excluding financial information?

Secondly – I don’t like using the WP admin bar and or want to redirect users to Login Welcome page – I’m currently redirecting back to home page and using a Customer Center for profile mods. Will the Pro login form solve issues with modifying account profile?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Mar 10th, 2013 at 12:14 pm #44212

Hi Mike.

Registration is done after the payment is rendered and I need certain terms agreed to for legal purposes. Pay Pal standard can’t do it.

You can sell them the paid access once they’re logged in, too. Have open registration (free) enabled, with the required terms agreement checkbox, then have the PayPal button to upgrade the account after they login.

Knowledge Base » Force Terms & Conditions agreement

After reviewing the S2 Pro add on, it appears this can be accomplished in one step. However – is the subscriber (member) registration data automatically stored in User Profile of WP, excluding financial information?

Right, the pro-form integrates with PayPal Express Checkout (free) or PayPal Pro (paid). It acts as a registration form if the user is not logged in and will let you have the user agree to your terms before he proceeds to payment.

Secondly – I don’t like using the WP admin bar and or want to redirect users to Login Welcome page – I’m currently redirecting back to home page and using a Customer Center for profile mods. Will the Pro login form solve issues with modifying account profile?

The Pro Login widget is not required to send people to the Login Welcome page after login, that’s the default behavior. If that’s not what you’re experiencing in your installation, maybe this video will help: Video » s2Member (Login Welcome Page Conflicts?)

Remember to test that with a normal account, the admin will always be shown the admin dashboard.

The admin bar, the one at the top, can be disabled with other plugins. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=disable+admin+bar

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Mar 11th, 2013 at 8:51 am #44248

Thanks for the reply. I’m ok with the workout of the forms but I would like to dig deeper into the admin bar. I have a plug in that turns it off (WP Custom Admin Bar). However, then I have no way to have a user login unless I create a link to login page which I have done as a work-around. That still leaves an issue with logging out and displaying to the user that they are actually logged in on top of Site.

How can this be accomplished or is there a way to just modify the wp-admin in such a way as to also change the preset links (edit profile and get ride of ‘Howdy”?

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 6:08 pm #44768
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks for the reply. I’m ok with the workout of the forms but I would like to dig deeper into the admin bar. I have a plug in that turns it off (WP Custom Admin Bar). However, then I have no way to have a user login unless I create a link to login page which I have done as a work-around. That still leaves an issue with logging out and displaying to the user that they are actually logged in on top of Site.

Many themes already have Login/Logout links built-in for this reason. It sounds like you will need to have these links put into your theme’s header, such as we have at s2Member.com. You may want to use the examples in s2Member’s Advanced PHP Conditionals to decide when to display different links in your theme’s header.

Example:

<?php
if(is_user_logged_in()) { // If the user is logged in
	// Display your logout link
}
else {
	// Display your login link
}
?>

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals

That’s about as far as we can go with custom code. If you need further assistance, we recommend http://jobs.wordpress.net, or another freelance web site where WordPress® experts are offering their expertise through a bid on your project.

How can this be accomplished or is there a way to just modify the wp-admin in such a way as to also change the preset links (edit profile and get ride of ‘Howdy”?

s2Member prevents Users from accessing the WordPress Dashboard. I would recommend staying away from modifications to the WordPress Dashboard for this reason, and also because the Dashboard is really not supposed to be seen by your Users. It is meant as an Administration panel only.

Let us know if you have any further questions/concerns. :-)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.