latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2 Mysteriously Decativated / PLEASE HELP

Home Forums Community Forum S2 Mysteriously Decativated / PLEASE HELP

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 1:47 am #52169

So, I heard there was something up with the Paypal buttons of a site that I administer for a non-profit organization. Checked it out and only shortcode was showing up.

I logged in thinking that S2 need to be updated and found the following message at the top of the plugins page:

“The plugin s2member/s2member.php has been deactivated due to an error: Plugin file does not exist.”

I don’t know where to start. I hadn’t done any work to the site and nothing else needed to be updated.

Should I try to reinstall? If so, what should I do (if anything) beforehand? Are my settings saved somewhere that can be accessed?

I’m not even sure what question to ask here?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 9:20 pm #52254
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Mark,

Yeah the best you can do right now is try to re-install.

Normally you would enable deactivation safe-guards (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards) before doing this but it seems it’s not possible for you…

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 12:44 am #52263

Thanks, Eduan…any advice on what to do, if anything, before re-installing?

Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 9:42 pm #52351
Eduan

You will want to make a backup of your database. In case your settings do get lost, or in cacse something doesn’t go right. :)

Posted: Monday Jun 24th, 2013 at 10:24 am #52462

So, I went to re-intsall and got this message:

Destination folder already exists. /home/thewla/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member/

Plugin install failed.

What should I do?

Posted: Wednesday Jun 26th, 2013 at 12:06 pm #52622
Eduan

Well you gotta uninstall s2Member before installing it again.

With FTP just delete that folder and then upload/install the plugin again. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.