latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2 & reactivation of suspended recur payments

Home Forums Community Forum S2 & reactivation of suspended recur payments

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  RossGrant 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 9:28 am #46459
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hi guys!

I’ve never been able to test this up to now, but I wondered if S2 can gracefully manage users whose PayPal recurring payments have been suspended and then re-activated?

I have a few payments from members each month whose recurring payments get suspended after failed charging attempts.

S2 received the IPN no problem and demotes these members, leaving notes in the backend of when they were demoted etc.

If the user went into their PayPal account and re-activated their profile with new billing info for example, would S2 pick this up and upgrade the user to level 1 again for example?

Any advice would be great.

This would stop people having to set up new PayPal payments as they could just re-activate their existing one.

Ross :)

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 7:00 pm #46557
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

If the user went into their PayPal account and re-activated their profile with new billing info for example, would S2 pick this up and upgrade the user to level 1 again for example?

Last time I checked, s2Member does not have anything in it’s IPN processors that can handle this. You could try it, though. I’ll send an email to Jason and see if he knows, and get back to you if he can confirm.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 3rd, 2013 at 7:02 pm #46558
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Cheers Bruce, that’s great!

Thanks! :)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.