latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2M and user-specific files

Home Forums Community Forum S2M and user-specific files

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  BWC 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 2:02 pm #55685
BWC
Username: bwold

Hello, Community: I have a client that produces custom PDF reports for their clients. They wish to be able to post the reports so that each client can only see their own reports (and no one else can see them, naturally).

In other words, they want Acme Company to only be able to access Acme Company reports, and Smith Industries to only be able to access Smith Industries reports. In theory, each member would log in and see a page with their files, current and past, and be able to download each one at any time. Meanwhile, other clients would only see their files, and should not be able to leech others’ files.

I’ve used S2M in the past for general access restrictions, but nothing subscriber-specific like this.

It looks possible to manually create Custom Capabilities and set Download Restrictions as suggested here: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16867 . Has anyone actually done this? Is there a better way?

There is a different WP plugin that allows one to create a customer area and link up files, but I’m a bit skeptical about the overall security of the product. Also, it has no e-commerce built in.

Would prefer to use S2M if it can be done without Herculean effort. Any help is much appreciated.

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.