latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2M next release … Bitcoin Payment G'Way

Home Forums Community Forum s2M next release … Bitcoin Payment G'Way

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  olly connelly 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:17 am #53178
olly connelly
Username: guv

Re the upcoming s2M release. In a separate (closed) thread Bruce kindly answered my Q re general Bitcoin integration with this:-

“Due to changes in the PayPal API and a few other things, the development of the next major version of s2Member has been delayed. We’re hoping to have it ready soon, but as of right now we don’t have a solid date for when you might see it. I can confirm that we are still planning on supporting Bitcoin, however.”

I just wondered, as I’m setting up a Payment Gateway with Bitpay.com, the folks used by WordPress, will you guys be supporting their service, by any chance? Else Bitcoin or … well, would be good to know which I should choose.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 9:29 am #53235
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I just wondered, as I’m setting up a Payment Gateway with Bitpay.com, the folks used by WordPress, will you guys be supporting their service, by any chance? Else Bitcoin or … well, would be good to know which I should choose.

The integration plans for Bitcoin are not for the immediate release of the next major version of s2Member, so we have not actually decided on the provider for that integration. I would say that BitPay is probably the most likely choice for the integration, but I can’t tell you for sure. Sorry about that.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 9:43 am #53236
olly connelly
Username: guv

OK Bruce, appreciate that.

So you know, I’ve decided against Bitpay *for now* in favor of Coinbase, whose API allows for recurring subscription payments *but only from other Coinbase account holders*. I’m still playing with teh API though but it is more dev-friendly.

Also, FYI, Bitpay tell me that they are planning something similar.

I’ve heard rumours that Bitcoin v. 0.9 may provide support for recurring payments too, which presumably means subscribers could recur payments from any wallet to any other.

Thanks again. (Let’s ditch those damn banks!)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.