latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2M Pro CSV Export Data all messed up

Home Forums Community Forum S2M Pro CSV Export Data all messed up

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Marcia Lampe 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 13th, 2013 at 2:20 am #37206

Dear Sirs

I have been happily using s2member ( Versión 121213 + s2Member Pro v121213) for about three months now. Recently upgraded to the Pro version with the sole need and purpose of exporting the valuable custom fields I get from my users (about 500 individuals)

The purpose of exporting the data is to feed my quick books and be able to match client information with orders…

The problem is that the exported CSV contains data fields scattered all over in rows and columns and not in a normal structured way (columns, data). I have a few examples of the data, shall you require to assess it.

I seek your help and orientation on how to fix this report. It takes from me valuable time and resources to manually fix the report and I invested in S2M Pro only for the export custom fields feature.

Please give me the proper orientation to fix this issue

Many thanks in advance

Jose A Patino
http://www.analema.com

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jan 13th, 2013 at 4:38 am #37234
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

Please submit a copy (or sample) of the export file you’re actually working with, so we can understand the problem better. It sounds like there could be a problem on your installation, so if we see the export file that you’re dealing with, it might shed some light. Thanks!

Please submit the export CSV file privately.
s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Sunday Jan 13th, 2013 at 6:49 am #37239

Hello Jason

I sincerely appreciate your fast reply

I can share the CSV privately via the link you suggested, please allow a few minutes, many thanks

Alejandro

Posted: Sunday Jan 13th, 2013 at 11:46 am #37263
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Great! Please update this thread with a short note letting me know it’s been sent. Thanks!

Posted: Friday Jan 18th, 2013 at 4:36 am #38013

Hello Jason,

I ‘ve sent the information requested 5 days ago and still havent heard from support, hope you read this note

Thanks in advance

Alejandro

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 1:21 am #38298

Hello, anyone?

Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 4:19 pm #38475
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

Jason wrote on the 13th…
Please update this thread with a short note letting me know it’s been sent. Thanks!

Just to point out… You sent the file on the 13th apparently, after my reply. I asked you to update this thread after you the sent the file, but you waited 5 days before updating this thread. This is why you did not receive a response right away.

Also, we have no record of having received any information from you yet. Did you fill out the private contact form here? Or, how did you send us this file exactly? Did you reference the URL to this thread? Please see: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 12:17 am #38566

Hi Jason

yes, I followed the instructions carefully last time, and now again I resubmited the form with all the information

Hope you can assist us because we are having a hard time to operate with this CSV

thanks in advance

Alejandro

Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 4:26 am #38573

Hi Jason

I have resent the Private contact form

I also resent to your email the previous contact form confirmation I received

Thanks in advance

Alejandro

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 10:42 pm #39114
Staff Member

Details received. Thanks for your patience.

~ Reviewing now. One moment please.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 22nd, 2013 at 10:50 pm #39115
Staff Member

Thanks for your patience.

I’ve just reviewed the CSV file that you submitted privately. I understand why there is some confusion about this. However, this is the intended functionality. Please see this article for details about how s2Member’s structure works with respect to Custom Registration/Profile Fields.

See: Knowledge Base » Import (or Mass Update) Users -› Custom Registration/Profile Fields

NOTE: If you need this data in a different format, you can either modify the PHP routine in this file, or you can use an application like MS Excel or OpenOffice Calc to edit the data and prepare for import into your 3rd-party system.

See: /s2member-pro/includes/classes/exports-in.inc.php

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Posted: Monday Jan 28th, 2013 at 3:32 pm #39793

Jose, you might want to try the AMR users plugin http://wpusersplugin.com/

I wasn’t very happy with how s2member exports the csv, but with a little tweaking, amr gave me a much prettier file.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.