latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2Member and BuddyPress Courseware?

Home Forums Community Forum s2Member and BuddyPress Courseware?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 2:29 pm #46722
Kevin Vaughn
Username: kvaughn

Can anyone tell me if s2Member and BuddyPress Courseware are compatible?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Apr 6th, 2013 at 7:15 am #46735
Buck
Username: stephenbuck415

I can be considered a High Level user of WP and s2member, meaning I’m not a programmer, so please take my comment with a grain of salt… but I have found Courseware to be buggy. Last October or so I tried running Courseware and had numerous problems with CSS, and there were security problems as well. It seems that even with s2member installed, something that was supposed to be secured still got through the cracks. I don’t believe that the failure was on the part of s2member, but rather Courseware.

Courseware also seemed to open up the site to receive comments, even when those comments were completely deactivated. Deactivated through the individual pages and posts, and within Dashboard > Settings > Discussion.

Courseware proved to be too much maintenance for me, so I conceded and went with Moodle.

Moodle is overly complex, but it’s secure compared to Courseware. And Moodle is updated on a very regular basis.

Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 2:29 pm #46858
Kevin Vaughn
Username: kvaughn

Buck, Thanks for your input regarding your experience with Courseware. Very good to know.

Anyone else, maybe someone from s2Member?

I’m not asking for an endorsement of the product, I just want to know if there are any compatibility issues in general.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 7:03 am #46885

Sorry, I don’t have any experience with Courseware, so it’s great that Buck could offer some insight.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.