latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member and CCBill Datalink System

Home Forums Community Forum s2member and CCBill Datalink System

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 12th, 2013 at 8:07 am #44352
Toyas
Username: Toyas

Hi!

1. I would like to ask which CCBill system variable(s) from the Datalink System the s2member plugin uses to know when, and which users, to remove?

More details: Is S2Member plugin coded to rely on the subscription IDs or the email address as opposed to usernames and passwords for removing access? Because we don’t know what happens with user when they change their name/pass or cancel subscription and how this data is shared with CCBill.

2. We decided to have S2Member create an username and password after the payment. We still don’t understand completely how Login/Registration works with CCBill. With my developer we figured the process like this below. Is that correct?

User clicks checkout button on Members Option Page -> He completes CCBill payment without creating username and password -> This information is sent to s2member -> s2member then sends user successful payment confirmation to his email box with details how to complete registration -> he completes registration in s2member (login, password) -> his registered and can login at level 1 (we only have one level for paid customers).

Many thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Mar 14th, 2013 at 5:46 am #44583

Hi Toyas.

More details: Is S2Member plugin coded to rely on the subscription IDs or the email address as opposed to usernames and passwords for removing access? Because we don’t know what happens with user when they change their name/pass or cancel subscription and how this data is shared with CCBill.

ccBill provides a Subscription ID which is stored in the user’s profile. [hilite path]WP Admin -> Users -> Edit user -> Paid Subscr. ID[/hilite]

With the proper s2Member-ccBill integration configuration, s2Member will have these users’ payment gateway set to ccbill and the subscr. ID populated. In the future when ccBill notifies s2Member about this subscription, s2Member will know when it gets cancelled and set an EOT time for access to expire.

2. We decided to have S2Member create an username and password after the payment. We still don’t understand completely how Login/Registration works with CCBill. With my developer we figured the process like this below. Is that correct?

The user clicks the ccBill button created with s2Member’s shortcode, he goes to ccBill to checkout, is returned to s2Member’s return URL so s2Member knows about it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Approval/Denial URLs[/hilite]

s2Member sets a cookie that’ll let him register even if Open Registration is disabled, and the cookie will also tell s2Member on registration what paid access to give this new account (e.g. level 1). [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Open Registration[/hilite]

s2Member also sends the Signup Confirmation email, which includes a signup link which does a similar function to the cookie: let him register and give the new account the access he paid. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Signup Confirmation Email[/hilite]

The user then proceeds to register his account, after which WordPress will send the New User email, which you can customize with s2Member. Knowledge Base » Editing the New User Email Notification with s2Member®

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 6:30 am #45470
Toyas
Username: Toyas

Thank you Cristián for your reply. It helps a lot! It’s great to know that after CCBill checkout user is returned to s2member to complete registration. I will forward this information to my developer. I would like to compliment your customer support which I think is great.

Best regards,

Posted: Friday Mar 22nd, 2013 at 10:27 am #45491

Thanks for the kudos! Glad I could help. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.