latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2Member and CloudFlare

Home Forums Community Forum s2Member and CloudFlare

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 5:15 am #19136

I’m seeing a lot of s2members using cloudflare recently and would just like to point out a problem I’m seeing.

Cloudflare acts as a proxy server infront of your website passing clients to your site through theirs. That means that php, wordpress and s2member see everybody as the same person(cloudflare).

Thats going to cause problems with IP restrictions, Brute force attacks, download keys and the WordPress commenting system.

s2Members default restriction settings allow 5 max failed login attempts, so if somebody fails 5 times everybody will be locked out including you, because everybody is using the same IP address(Cloudflares).

Fortunately there is a way to fix this but will probably require root access to your server as you will, depending on your setup have to install an addition module. Please see this link for guidance https://www.cloudflare.com/wiki/Log_Files

So I don’t think cloudflare is going to be compatible in a shared hosting environment unless your provider has partnered with cloudflare.

Also Cloudflare should not be active when trying to debug problems, it will cache the problem and will make it very hard to resolve.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 7:41 am #19160

Thanks for the heads up! I’ll keep it in mind if someone reports a weird case of users locked out because of those IP restrictions.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.