latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2Member and Easy Digital Download

Home Forums Community Forum s2Member and Easy Digital Download

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Vincent Miele 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 5:37 pm #48591
Steve Wolk
Username: stevew123

Has anyone had success getting Easy Digital Downloads and s2member to play well with each other on the same site? The problem I’ve had is that s2Member wants to redirect the user upon login. So when the visitor is making a purchase in Easy Digital Downloads and they are required to create an account during the checkout process, the act of Easy Digital Downloads creating their account and logging them in redirects them away from the checkout process. I had to deactivate the s2Member plugin to get the Easy Digital Downloads process to work.

Since Easy Digital Downloads is becoming such a major commerce platform on WordPress, it seems like this would be important to a lot of us here to have the two great plugins work well together.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 6:23 pm #49151
Cat Scholz
Username: WebWeaver

I would like to see these two plugins working together too. My bigger vision is to create a membership site for musicians so they can sell their music without paying a middle person.

-Cat
http://catswebweave.com

Posted: Sunday Jun 2nd, 2013 at 3:35 pm #51189

I also own a music web site with downloads and have recently come across this plugin. It was exactly what I was looking for, but not working with s2member.

My issue is that I add the s2member file link as the “download” link in the plugin, but for whatever reason, the file is no longer protected by s2member based on the restrictions, it just gives the user the download.

I have about 3000 products and I have to track my downloads, so just adding them to a page isn’t good enough, can really use this plugin though.

Posted: Sunday Jun 2nd, 2013 at 3:43 pm #51192
Cat Scholz
Username: WebWeaver

Right now I am driving traffic to this download page: http://catherinesmusic.com/downloads/right-here-now/ and there is a pop-up opt-in that people can fill out or not.

Then if they want to buy the track, they must agree to the terms that I will add their email to my list.

So one way or another, I am collecting emails on this page.

Maybe someday will figure out the S2 Member integration. WishList Member might be the way to go for now.

-Catherine

Posted: Sunday Jun 2nd, 2013 at 8:04 pm #51196

I read in a post that s2member was working on added a cart. Whether it would have all the functionality of easy digital downloads I don’t know, and I don’t even know if they are working on anything at this time.

I read on another forum where someone asked the makers of EDD if they themselves were planning intregration with s2member and they said no as they have or are making their own membership plugin.

I think s2member is amazing, but not having a cart system is a real headache for me. If someone has 5 products to sell, it’s fine. But I need a system to manage thousands of products with categories and reports. EDD has that but just doesn’t work with s2member.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.