latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member and Simple:press

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member and Simple:press

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Randall Hardy 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 7:21 am #41396

Just wondering if s2Member and Simple:Press will always be compatible? Will s2Member ever upgrade Simple:Press to the same status as bbpress as far as complete integration, now and into the future?

I have had vbulletin forum software which is great but there is no integration with s2Member. Therefore, I installed bbpress, but it looks very amateurish in comparison to the demo model of Simple:Press.

Has anyone had experience with both of these forum plugins, and what is your opinion and recommendations as to which one is best?

Thanks,

Randall

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:48 pm #41514
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I’m reviewing this thread now.

Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 11:54 pm #41516
Staff Member

Just wondering if s2Member and Simple:Press will always be compatible? Will s2Member ever upgrade Simple:Press to the same status as bbpress as far as complete integration, now and into the future?

I won’t say never. But I will say that it’s unlikely.

I have had vbulletin forum software which is great but there is no integration with s2Member. Therefore, I installed bbpress, but it looks very amateurish in comparison to the demo model of Simple:Press.

Has anyone had experience with both of these forum plugins, and what is your opinion and recommendations as to which one is best?

I can understand why you would have that impression at first. However, I think you’ll find that bbPress® is quite powerful and easily extensible. Think of bbPress® more like WordPress® itself. When you install WordPress® initially, it also has the impression of being very simple — but it shines in it’s extensibility. That’s what bbPress® is. It just needs a better theme and maybe toss in some bbPress plugins to achieve anything more that you need. Authored by the same development team. See: http://codex.bbpress.org/

While I’m not aware of any issues between s2Member® and SimplePress, our focus will be on the s2Member/bbPress combination in terms of forum functionality and compatibility.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 12th, 2013 at 7:35 pm #41591

Thanks again Jason.

Well, I did manage to make it look a little better after extensive searching on the web. There are no instructions with bbpress and the support forum is ‘minimally’ monitored.

I hope that one day there will be more information available to help novice users of this plugin. Even googling for bbpress coders for hire turned up 0 results.

I do miss my vbulletin, but I shall persevere with bbpress.

Randall

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.