latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member badge removal

Home Forums Community Forum s2member badge removal

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 14th, 2013 at 1:38 am #53417
kim holm
Username: cheapweb

Since the badge is the only thing that really slows down my site i would like suggestions on how to totally remove it from my s2member install.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 14th, 2013 at 12:33 pm #53429
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Kim,

Do you mean the s2Member security badge?

You can remove/add it under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Security Badge. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Jul 14th, 2013 at 12:57 pm #53432
kim holm

Yes that is the basic version.

Even if you do what you say and of course i did that first the Badge is still being called from the s2member system to the server and by that puts load on the server.

That call to server is the biggest load of all server calls from s2member and if you ask me thats also why some people are complaining about s2member slowing down their site.

I AM TALKING ABOUT TOTAL REMOVAL.

GET Female-stripper-3-e1351544881928-194×300.jpg 17.8 KB 83ms

GET s-badge.php?v=1&site_url=http://getstripper.com s2member.com 110 B 1.68s

GET addthis_widget.js#pubid=cheapweb s7.addthis.com 2.7 KB 11ms

So you see out of these 3 calls and even if the badge is the smallest file it TAKES A LONG TIME

Posted: Sunday Jul 14th, 2013 at 3:58 pm #53441
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Ah I see. Well it takes the longest because it has to check a lot of stuff AFAIK.

I’ll ask Jason if there’s a way to completely remove the badge from loading… Are you sure that it isn’t being called under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Security Badge?

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Jul 15th, 2013 at 10:59 am #53465
kim holm

It is the worst when it is turned on ( 5seconds to load) and when it is turned off it is 1.5 seconds.

But i just realised that it is acually not the badgee that really slows the site down because it is not in the initial load.

It is the s2member-o.php that strangely loads from 2 different places that takes up the biggest part of initially loading the site.

Just found the answer to the Badge problem:
I removed 4 files:
s2member\includes\classes\sc-s-badge.inc
s2member\includes\classes\sc-s-badge-in.inc
s2member\includes\classes\s-badge-statur.inc
s2member\includes\classes\s-badge-statur-in.inc
That significantly improved speed.

So now remains the s2member-o.php loading problem.

I dont really know what these 2 files do?

Posted: Monday Jul 15th, 2013 at 11:22 am #53466
kim holm

For some reason the s2member-o.php file is being loaded 2 times and that is the issue

Posted: Tuesday Jul 16th, 2013 at 7:04 am #53502

s2member-o.php is loaded for the CSS and the JS.

You can remove the CSS call if you take care of styling the s2Member forms, etc, in your own styles file. Pre Sale FAQs » How can I prevent s2Member® Pro from loading it’s default CSS?

The JS one can’t be removed because it’s required by s2Member and it can’t be made into a static file because it loads different values depending on the logged in user.

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 5:26 am #54125

Here’s what Jason replied:

The s2Member security badge was slow to load last week and caused some downtime for us as well. I suspect this could have been part of the underlying cause. That being said, the security badge will not impact performance of a site running s2Member if it’s not even being used (e.g. do not use the badge shortcode and this is not an issue).

The JS file (when not logged in) is already cached by s2Member dynamically. While it’s still served via WordPress, it’s a cached version that will load much faster than it does for users that are logged into the site. If you want to cache it in pure static form, it’s fine to do that also, as long as you don’t do that for logged-in users.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.