latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member + Buddypress – Setup Problem!

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member + Buddypress – Setup Problem!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 3:51 pm #40195

We added S2member PRO to our site and we are adding a community to the site so we decided to go with BuddyPress since it integrates with S2Member…..Having a few issues with setup and getting these to work together.

What I want to accomplish with all of this is: Have Visitors register through a S2Member Registration screen which I would like to have custom designed. I need to add some custom fields……such as Birthday / etc —–This will be a FREE Community Area and I have no use for Paypal…..but do I need to use a PROform Paypal in order to register these users??

Issue 1: I want to keep my Current BLOG Homepage normal for just casual (non members) but when a returning member or new member are logged in I want them to see a completely separate page (I was going to just use a custom welcome page) is this recommended or the best way to do this?

Issue 2: So far when Visitors signup through S2Member they are only showing as members in S2member…doesn’t appear to pass this info along to Buddypress Members Link…….the new registered user is not found.

I

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 7:57 am #40400
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

What I want to accomplish with all of this is: Have Visitors register through a S2Member Registration screen which I would like to have custom designed. I need to add some custom fields……such as Birthday / etc —–This will be a FREE Community Area and I have no use for Paypal…..but do I need to use a PROform Paypal in order to register these users??

Yes, please use one of the Free Registration Pro Forms from the PayPal Pro Forms section. You can use these with or without integrating with PayPal®. There is no payment being accepted through these Pro Forms.

See also: Video » s2Member (Free Registration On Multiple Levels?)

Issue 1: I want to keep my Current BLOG Homepage normal for just casual (non members) but when a returning member or new member are logged in I want them to see a completely separate page (I was going to just use a custom welcome page) is this recommended or the best way to do this?

It’s really up to you. You might take a look at these articles for some ideas.

See: Knowledge Base » Customizing Your Login Welcome Page
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals
See also: Video » s2Member (Advanced Conditionals)

Issue 2: So far when Visitors signup through S2Member they are only showing as members in S2member…doesn’t appear to pass this info along to Buddypress Members Link…….the new registered user is not found.

Sorry, I’m not sure that I understand. Feel free to elaborate until I do.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.