latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member changes forum styles

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member changes forum styles

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Joon Lee 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 at 10:19 pm #4850
Buck Perley
Username: Bukco13

I am using s2member with Simple:Press forum on my site at http://www.thechinastep.com/forum. However, I’m having the problem where if you are not logged in the forum page styling gets all messed up. You can see what the menu and header section should look like by navigating to any of the other pages on the site.

The reason I thought this was related to s2member is because I came across this topic in the Simple:Press support forum http://simple-press.com/support-forum/simplepress-version-4-3-0/theme-css-conflict-when-user-not-logged-in/. Specifically it mentions that s2Member might be adding CSS styling for non-logged in users, something related to the login button apparently.

I’ve tested this looking at the page in Chrome 17.0.963.46 (for Mac) as well as Firefox 9.0.1 and Safari. However, I recently saw the page on my friends windows (not sure what browser she was using) and the problem was not nearly as drastic.

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this issue and if there was any way to disable these automatic stylings, preferably without hacking any s2member or any other core files. FYI: I use the latest Thesis theme for WordPress.

Any help will be much appreciated!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Buck Perley.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 16th, 2012 at 9:42 pm #5425
Buck Perley

Anyone have any insight into this issue or someone else experiencing the same thing? This is a pretty serious issue that s2Member interferes with the CSS of the site and conflicts with plugins that it is meant to manage (in this case Simple:Press). I have screen shots of the differences though I can’t see a way to upload them here.

Posted: Saturday Mar 3rd, 2012 at 7:12 am #7161
Buck Perley

So I managed to fix this on my own. It was a bit of a work around but it got the job done.

For people that have a similar problem, here’s what I did:

First navigate to your registration/login page and using Firebug or other equivalent copy and paste the CSS that s2member inputs for that page (it gets put in as a separate style sheet). Next you need to go to your s2-hacks.php file in the mu-plugins folder and enter the following code:

<?php
add_filter("ws_plugin__s2member_login_header_styles", "__return_false");
?>

This forces the styles off. If you still want your custom styles, you can paste the styles that you copied before into your code (either conditionally according by page, your own themes css file, etc.). This way you can make sure that the default font-size and any other conflicting styles don’t conflict with your theme.

Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 6:59 pm #46113
Joon Lee
Username: joon2008

This was a life-saver. thank you so much :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.