latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member + EasyRotator

Home Forums Community Forum s2member + EasyRotator

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  pico the one and only 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 6:49 pm #27499

I’m using EasyRotator to display slideshows on protected pages. that is, these slideshows are the content for which members have to sign up.

and it works great in that the post or page cannot be accessed without registering/logging in.

however, the images themselves are not protected. they just sit inside a directory of /wp-content/uploads/EasyRotatorStorage/…

I’ve prevented direct access to contents of directories with .htaccess before but that only works when the content was accessed via PHP (which would then be able to display that content).

so I guess I’m wondering if someone could think of a way to protect a directory for s2members only.

thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:01 pm #27504
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Pirco,

Currently the only way to do this would be to use the s2Member downloads folder, here’s a video explaining download protections: Video » s2Member® File Downloads (Complete Series)

So you might be able to upload everything to the s2Member folder, but put an .htaccess that redirects to it, so that it thinks it is it’s own folder, that’s my idea.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:04 pm #27505

I like that idea. thanks a lot. going to try and work with that.

Posted: Thursday Oct 4th, 2012 at 9:56 pm #27517

so, before I had time to further consider Eduan’s idea, I found out that EasyRotator allows me to pick images from within the Media Library for a specific post/page. I figured that might solve the issue but then I realize that even images related to a protected post/page are not protected.

after all this time I’ve spent with s2member, I just didn’t realize that one could access an image related to a protected post (here is a sample image that was uploaded for a specific and protected page: http://dustyseco.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/DustySecoWebEpisode2_75.png and this is that specific page – which you cannot access: http://dustyseco.com/episode-2/ )

hmmm.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.