latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member id failing to load it's default css

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member id failing to load it's default css

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 12:32 pm #52116
Paul Foster
Username: PAFoster

http://paulfostermarketing.co.uk/s2member

Everything was fine, I had a child/parent theme confliction that caused a 500 server error. That was resolved, but wordpress couldn’t then see any plugins. That was resolved, but then all the plugins had to be re activated.

When s2Member Pro was reactivated, it couldn’t load it’s css. I am assuming it cannot run s2member pro class-autoloader.inc.php for some reason.

I have deactivated all plugins and reverted to 2010 theme, but no luck.

I have also deleted the plugin, both the framework and the pro files. I then reinstalled – no change. Todays update has not had an effect either.

Any ideas please?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 6:34 am #52191

You can try the rest of the suggestions here: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Also, could you check that it’s not a caching issue? And make sure you don’t have database and object caching enabled, they’re known to cause random problems.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 1:16 pm #52221
Paul Foster

Yes, I have gone through the troubleshooting, and also run the s2-server-scanner, and all is good.

I have no caching plugins or consciously doing any caching, and I don’t understand how to enable database or object caching, so unless that’s happened with out me knowing, I don’t know.

I have switched on debug in wp config, and I get the following message, so there appears to be some caching problem somewhere.

Notice: Undefined variable: cache_needs_updating in /home/pafoster/public_html/paulfostermarketing.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/s2member/includes/classes/cache.inc.php on line 94
Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 2:59 pm #52237
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I have switched on debug in wp config, and I get the following message, so there appears to be some caching problem somewhere.

This is just a non-fatal error that shows up with WP Debug enabled, because s2Member does not support WP Debug being on. This isn’t affecting anything with your site’s caching.

I just took a look at your site’s source code, and it is in fact linking s2Member’s CSS and JavaScript in the source code. However this file is not being fired. It looks to me like a permisisons issue with your s2member-o.php file. Make sure that the permissions on this file is 775 in via FTP, please.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 3:49 pm #52239
Paul Foster

Changed from 644, but no joy. Might there be other files that need permission changes too?

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 3:54 pm #52240
Paul Foster

Also have this in my server error log:
[Wed Jun 19 15:51:42 2013] [error] [client 82.24.56.190] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File “/home/pafoster/public_html/paulfostermarketing.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member-o.php” is writeable by group, referer: http://paulfostermarketing.co.uk/s2member/

Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 2:53 am #52274

I get a 404 when I try to open http://paulfostermarketing.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/s2member/s2member-o.php. I don’t know if the file is actually missing, or you have a rewrite rule or some security thing in the server preventing the file from being reached. Have you asked your webhost?

Posted: Thursday Jun 20th, 2013 at 2:40 pm #52299
Paul Foster

All sorted. Thank you.

Posted: Friday Jun 21st, 2013 at 5:47 am #52314

Great! Thanks for the update. I’m glad you sorted it out. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.