latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2member, JVZoo support, buddypres

Home Forums Community Forum S2member, JVZoo support, buddypres

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 15th, 2012 at 5:28 pm #5279
Daniel D
Username: danieldeegs

Hi there, hope you could answer a couple quick questions for me.

First, is it safe to say that support for the payment processor JVZoo is just about done? I saw this mentioned in earlier threads and just want to know if this is good to go. JVZoo support is pretty much a must for my needs.

Second, how difficult is it to setup integration with buddypress and bbpress? I have multiple products & programs I offer and I would like to have each customer have access to forums/groups associated with their purchase. Also will menu items in wordpress be hidden for those who don’t have the right membership level?

Lastly, will S2member work in the following scenario…

Within my membership site lets say I sell & deliver 3 separate products (A, B C).If a person starts out and buys product A from me using JVzoo and then a month later buys product B using JVzoo will S2member know to merge their purchases under a single account login?

Basically my concern is having folks re-register if they make a later purchase. Each site is basically a brand/product line so I’d like to ensure that each customer can access all their purchases now and in the future under a single login.

Thanks and take care.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Daniel D.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Daniel D.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:12 am #5448

First, is it safe to say that support for the payment processor JVZoo is just about done? I saw this mentioned in earlier threads and just want to know if this is good to go. JVZoo support is pretty much a must for my needs.

The JVZoo developer was working on this integration some weeks ago, but we haven’t heard from him since. I suggest you email them to find out if it’s almost ready.

Second, how difficult is it to setup integration with buddypress and bbpress? I have multiple products & programs I offer and I would like to have each customer have access to forums/groups associated with their purchase.

In the s2Member framework you can find the integration there are for BuddyPress and bbPress:

[hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Registration/Profile -> BuddyPress[/hilite]
[hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> Other Integrations -> bbPress plugin[/hilite]

Also will menu items in wordpress be hidden for those who don’t have the right membership level?

Yes. Check out this setting:

[hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> Restriction Options -> Alternative View -> Nav Menus[/hilite]

Within my membership site lets say I sell & deliver 3 separate products (A, B C).If a person starts out and buys product A from me using JVzoo and then a month later buys product B using JVzoo will S2member know to merge their purchases under a single account login?

Yes, as long as the purchases after the first one are done while the user is logged in to the account, otherwise s2Member won’t relate the new purchase with an existing account.

I suggest that you use custom capabilities to give access to products like that. These would be added to the user’s profile, you can actually do it manually too. If you go to the profile you’ll see a field for this.

[video playlist="A2C07377CF60025E" width="663" height="400" start="0" show_etag="yes" /]

This works well for access paid one-time, not recurring. You can’t have two subscriptions, one for each product, yet. Also, if you have one be a subscription and the other a one-time purchase, they would expire together when the subscription ends. This is a limitation we’re working on and won’t be a problem when the next major release of s2Member comes out in about 2 months.

I hope this helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.