latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2Member, Mailchimp and CCaps

Home Forums Community Forum s2Member, Mailchimp and CCaps

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 20th, 2012 at 7:34 pm #17047
Robcept
Username: robcept

Hey guys,

I’m doing due-diligence for an educational project at the moment. A simple overview is as follows:

+ Users need to sign up for a (free) account to purchases courses. This allows them to buy courses.
+ When a user wants to purchase an account, they’re actually purchasing a CCap. This CCap is used to filter access.

From previous experience with s2Member, I know that it’s a total walk in the park to add new users to the Mailchimp database. As I’d be looking to use Paypal Pro Forms to handle the CCap purchase, I’d like to know:

Is there a way to add a user to a specific Mailchimp List when they purchase a CCap through a PayPal Pro form, once the purchase has been completed?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 4:59 am #17078

Hi Rob.

No, s2Member’s List Servers API doesn’t work based on ccaps yet, just levels. That said, ccaps can be added to the user in MailChimp as Merge Fields and. If I’m not mistaken, you can segment your emails using those, but you should verify this with MailChimp (I haven’t used their service, so I’m not sure about this point).

You may find this helpful: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15676&p=50619#p50550 But if the hack doesn’t work, try changing the add_filter line to this:

[hilite pre_code]
add_filter('ws_plugin__s2member_mailchimp_merge_array', 'mailchimp_merge', 10, 2);
[/hilite]

Since you won’t be moving users between levels, you’ll need to make the list updates with a hack too. You may want to try using this method, which is the one that does the job during level changes, only you’d call it when you want: [hilite mono]c_ws_plugin__s2member_list_servers::process_list_servers[/hilite]
http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/list_servers/c_ws_plugin__s2member_list_servers/#src_doc_process_list_servers%28%29

I asked Jason about using [hilite mono]c_ws_plugin__s2member_list_servers::process_list_servers[/hilite] and if all arguments were required to make it work, including password. Here’s his reply:

Yes, a site owner could certainly use this through a hack if they like.

All arguments are required, but you’re right, the plain text password is nearly impossible. That can be spoofed with something like “xxx”, just so it has a value. s2Member only passes that along to AWeber in a few special cases, and it’s NOT anything real important. I’ts fine 99.9% of the time to just spoof that.

If a site owner uses this hack…
[hilite pre_code]

[/hilite]
Only then will s2Member actually need the plain text password. In all other cases, just spoof it with the encrypted version, or just use “xxx”.

I hope that helps! :)

Posted: Thursday Jun 21st, 2012 at 7:36 pm #17158
Robcept
Username: robcept

Thanks for being so prompt, Cristián.

I’ll give this a shot.

Posted: Sunday Jun 24th, 2012 at 8:50 pm #17319

Cool. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.