latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member-o.php and gzip

Home Forums Community Forum s2member-o.php and gzip

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday May 21st, 2013 at 10:25 am #50292

As suggested, I added the mod_rewrite rule (…RewriteRule .* – [E=no-gzip:1]) to our /.htaccess file.

However, our score from webpagetest.org went from an “A” to a “C” because …/s2member-o.php was not being gzipped (This added 75K to our site – a noticable difference)

I commented out the .htaccess addition for now.

My question –

Is there a way to write the mod_rewrite rul so that it does not affect .gzip during normal browsing and then only comes into play when downloads are being served?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 23rd, 2013 at 5:33 am #50431
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m sorry for the delay in response.

Is there a way to write the mod_rewrite rul so that it does not affect .gzip during normal browsing and then only comes into play when downloads are being served?

I’m assuming that you’re talking about s2Member’s Download Option files located in the /s2member-files/ directory only, right? If that’s the case, you should be able to just add this rule into the .htaccess file located in that directory.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.