latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2member paypal api log

Home Forums Community Forum S2member paypal api log

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 4th, 2013 at 8:08 pm #36198

I noticed that I have a lot of log from paypal archived, can I delete some to make place or I have to keep every file?

I have another question too, sometime a customer who paid a membership doesn’t turn into members and I have to do it manually, but it’s rare. I have like 2-3 the last month, is it normal like a failed connection from paypal and my site? or it’s maybe a problem.
Thank you for your time
-Marc Fitt

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 3:29 pm #36315
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Marc,

What are the log files called? I believe some backup services make copies of your files, and I have seen log folders overflowing with files because of that.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 5:34 am #36434

marc-andre, you can delete the logs if you’re sure you don’t need them. Or you can make a copy elsewhere and remove them from the logs folder.

About the problems, you need to look for the related entries in the logs and see what you can find there. They’ll probably give a hint to what the cause is.

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 5:55 am #37336

Hi Cristian, I didn’t change any plugin from the last 6 months I think and everything worked find before the last 1 month. I had two times the error yesterday, I found one of the log from a customer who turned into a subscriber after he paid.
I want to send you the logs in private and maybe you can take a look in my logs because I have a lot of files lol.

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 9:00 am #37362
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

I’m sorry but Cristián is unavailable at this time. I would like to help, so I reviewed this thread.

I noticed that I have a lot of log from paypal archived, can I delete some to make place or I have to keep every file?

Anything that contains the word “ARCHIVED” is old, and it can be deleted if you like. Up to you really. Logging is always optional in fact. It’s not required for s2Member to function. It’s for debugging purposes only.

I want to send you the logs in private and maybe you can take a look in my logs because I have a lot of files lol.

Right. Please don’t send us ALL of the log files. All we need is just the log entries associated with a transaction that you had trouble with. It’s common for something to slip through every now and then. Like you said, it could be attributed to connection errors, downtime, etc.

If it’s a recurring problem, I would also suggest a review of your log files, for those specific transactions where you had trouble. The logs may shed light on the issue. If you need our help to review the logs, please submit them privately here: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 9:17 am #37370
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

Can you please submit that log entry again for me, in plain text format? It’s very difficult to read in docx format, it’s all jumbled. Thanks! See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 10:14 am #37375
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

From the log entries you sent over, I’m not seeing anything out of the ordinary. The second IPN log entry failed because the User had not registered yet, but that’s quite common — does no harm.

Can you please explain what exactly happened in this case for me? What went wrong exactly with this customer?

Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 4:34 am #37565

The user has been created on paypal, and on my site. But he didn’t turn as a member level1, he stayed subscriber.
It happened 2-3 times yesterday with a new members. But some just work perfectly, it’s weird

Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 8:07 am #37716

I had another time the same error, it’s like some time my site have a problem with the role and capabilities…
I don’t know if you can take a look into my database and be sure everything is okay, because it’s a real problem and it appear like by magic, because everything was working find the last 2-3 months.

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 1:07 pm #37899
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

If you will, please follow the instructions here and let’s enable some additional logging routines on your installation. When/if this happens again (with this logging routine running), please send the log file over to us for review. That way we can try and make sense of this.

I don’t see anything wrong with your Roles/Capabilities. I suspect this is caused by HTTP connection failures of some kind. These can occur for any number of reasons. Sometimes it’s due to a hosting issue, sometimes it’s due to server load. Hard to tell for sure. The logs should tell us more :-)

Please see: http://www.s2member.com/kb/debugging-http-connections/

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.