latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member Paypal testing issue

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member Paypal testing issue

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bryan Downing 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 5:54 pm #51073

Thanks for making useful software. I have a question regarding my testing my Paypal buttons. In the olden days, you used be able to test live penny payments with a second Paypal UNVERIFIED account. This is not the case anymore as you need a valid credit or debit bank card. I only have one valid Paypal account so I can no longer use a second Paypal account as a live testing mechanism. I only have one valid credit card and one bank card. I cannot use either to register on the second Paypal account. Do you know of decent workaround to use two active Paypal accounts? I funded the other Paypal account with enough dollars to cover the testing transactions for S2member Pro. I don’t know of any of my friends would trust me to use their account for testing transactions as well. What do other people do in such a scenario?
I also understand you should not use the Paypal Sanbox for testing:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/problems-testing-in-paypal-sandbox/
Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 31st, 2013 at 11:18 pm #51107

If you have no other choice, then the Sandbox is still an option. Even if not my favorite, you can work with it. Video » s2Member® (Using The PayPal Sandbox)

Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 5:02 pm #51239

Continuing with this saga of this Paypal sandbox, your video of:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPRLeHjeINY
This is no longer valid. I cannot figure out how to navigate to create Sandbox test accounts for S2Member. Can we get this updated sp I can somehow test this? I kind of find it frustrating that I am still struggling with S2Member to test simple Paypal buttons.

Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 5:48 pm #51242

Alright, I dug further into this and may have a solution for others if they have access to this posting:

https://developer.paypal.com/
this helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlI05V3KQB0
Paypal Business account login ID created
Personal Paypal account was created.
This was verified with a bank and Visa credit card attached
Under each Paypal email profile, you can click under the email for Notifications and Profile options.
Under Profile, ensure card is activated under Funding tab. You can also find a tab for API Credentials under the Paypal Business account.
I hope this helps

Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 6:21 pm #51244

I am now using a second VERIFIED Paypal account, when I do a LIVE test penny transaction through my S2Member Paypal generated button, I get this message during the Paypal transaction:

To complete this payment, add a debit or credit card to your PayPal account. Your card will not be charged unless the transaction amount exceeds your balance

Why would this message appear if the Paypal account is already verified?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 11:17 am #51331

Anyone out there to help out on this ?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 11:21 pm #51386

So are we to assume that support does not care about queries like this? It has been 24 hours so I would think that is kind of reasonable.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 5th, 2013 at 12:02 pm #51416

Ok. This is issue has been neglected for over 18 hours. No response nor reply from any staff member. Am I left to ask for a refund back due to the lack of support or sense of direction on this? I have no choice left.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 5th, 2013 at 1:48 pm #51419

I am looking at alternative solutiosn to S2Member. If this commitment happens, I will need to ask for a refund on my S2Member Pro due to the neglect of this support ticket. I will no longer be using S2Member.

Posted: Thursday Jun 6th, 2013 at 5:39 am #51469
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

We’re very sorry for the delay in response.

When you make multiple responses in the forums, you are bumping your thread up in the list in the forums. We get to tickets from oldest-to-newest, so when you do this it will delay our response. In the future please refrain from doing this, and instead edit your replies if you have additional details to give us.

That being said, as Cristian mentioned the use of PayPal Sandbox is totally functional with s2Member and you can use it to do testing transactions in most situations. However when a User is having issues with transactions, we ask that they do live $0.01 cent transactions to rule out error with PayPal Sandbox.

This is no longer valid. I cannot figure out how to navigate to create Sandbox test accounts for S2Member. Can we get this updated sp I can somehow test this? I kind of find it frustrating that I am still struggling with S2Member to test simple Paypal buttons.

PayPal recently changed the way that they handle Paypal Developer/Sandbox Accounts. However I can confirm that s2Member’s integration with this service is still working perfectly. This is a question you should really be asking PayPal’s representatives. If you’re having problems signing up for a Paypal developer/sandbox account, you’ll want to call or write in to PayPal to solve your problem.

However, if you’re having issues with the integration of PayPal Sandbox integration with s2Member, please let us know so we can take a look. In this reply you’re only telling us there’s a problem with our video, and I’m unsure where to point you.

I am now using a second VERIFIED Paypal account, when I do a LIVE test penny transaction through my S2Member Paypal generated button, I get this message during the Paypal transaction:

To complete this payment, add a debit or credit card to your PayPal account. Your card will not be charged unless the transaction amount exceeds your balance

Why would this message appear if the Paypal account is already verified?

This is an error from PayPal directly, not s2Member. I’d recommend contacting PayPal as to why you might be getting this error. We work with several payment gateways here at s2Member, and we’re not familiar with every error that these gateways might give you.

Posted: Thursday Jun 6th, 2013 at 11:29 am #51533

HI there
Only 48 hours and delays on our project has resulted in a successful alternative implementation. Considering this, we are now no longer needing S2Member and request our money back. Your support pretty well blows donkey balls.

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 7:05 am #51594
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Only 48 hours and delays on our project has resulted in a successful alternative implementation. Considering this, we are now no longer needing S2Member and request our money back.

Sorry to hear that. Please review our Refund Policy for info on when we give refunds:

s2Member® » Terms » Refund Policy

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 11:57 am #51616

Really? You also have responsibility to help people implement your software successfully. Despite your 48+ hour delay unacceptable, as it stands. I am still needing a refund.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.