latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member P/Quick Cache sufficient permissions

Home Forums Community Forum s2member P/Quick Cache sufficient permissions

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Emmanuel Genoll 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 5:45 am #42691

Hello,
s2member pro works fine, i need to use a cache plugin, and when i activate Quick Cache, then i clic “Settings”

I have a message like this : You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

I’m the website administrator, wp-config chmod 755, wp-content chmod 755

Can you help me ?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 7:58 am #42798

Hi Emmanuel.

Do you only have this problem with QuickCache?

Could you try the server check tool to see if it finds anything wrong? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips » Server

You can also submit the site’s info for Jason to take a look in case he needs to review the installation. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 8:53 am #42807

All test is green…

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 9:27 am #42811
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

It sounds like your WordPress® installation could be missing the install_plugins Capability for the Administrator Role; or maybe just for your account. If you don’t have the ability to install_plugins, you will not be able to change settings for Quick Cache.

See also: http://codex.wordpress.org/Roles_and_Capabilities
If you like, you can inspect Roles/Capabilities on your site with the Enhanced Capability Manager.

I’m the website administrator, wp-config chmod 755, wp-content chmod 755

Yea, that’s fine. I don’t think what you’re reporting is related to directory permissions.
It’s related to WP permissions (e.g. Roles/Capabilities).

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 9:38 am #42814

I have all rights.
I’ve just test it with Enhanced Capability Manager

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 10:53 pm #42892
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

If you’d like to submit a Dashboard login we will investigate this. Thanks!
Please use: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 2:38 am #42968

I’ve just send a message with login infos.
Thanks for your help

Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 3:49 am #42981
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

~ Investigating now.

Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 3:57 am #42982
Staff Member

Roles/Caps in the database look fine, but it would appear to me that you have a plugin misbehaving somewhere (i.e. something is modifying Roles/Caps at runtime; which is not showing up in plugins like Enhanced Cap Manager). I would suggest that you disable one plugin at a time until the Quick Cache menu appears on the left.

If you can narrow it down to a particular plugin conflict, I will investigate this further for you, to find out why.

Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 3:58 am #42983

Ok, i will investigate in database

Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 4:27 am #42985

Nothing particular in the data base concerning cache. I have deactivated one by one all plugins and no change.

Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 7:54 am #43004
Staff Member

I would try switching to a default theme next then. This issue does not exist in a default WP installation. I can confirm that Quick Cache is compatible and tested today against WordPress® v3.5, v3.5.1 and v3.6-alpha. Please let me know what you find out!

Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 12:02 pm #43047

I have try with “Twenty Eleven” and “Twenty Twelve”
After activation i can see this message : “Quick Cache reset automatically to avoid conflicts :-)”
but still the same error.

Now i remove the plugin, clean wp-options table, and re-install the plugin. I Hope :-)
Still the same. :-(

Posted: Saturday Feb 23rd, 2013 at 12:10 pm #43048

YESSSS

In wp-config.php i removed

define('DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT', true );

is it right ?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.