latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2member Pro

Home Forums Community Forum S2member Pro

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 11th, 2013 at 10:57 am #41403

Hi there,

I want to but S2member pro but have few questions:

I am offering paid subscriptions training but I would like to get people registered with free samples first and then guide them for their right package. I offer 8 different package.

1) Now “””If a user subscribe for free samples “Free sample access – Level”, I want them to access the free samples only. I know it can be done but when he choose to purchase another package , I want S2member Pro to de-activate his free membership access-level and assign the paid package access-level as a new privillage . Is it possible!? if So , How! My reason of asking this is that I tried other plugins but after purchase the package, because user was carrying free sample access-level he could not access the pages that was allowed for his paid package.

2) I don’t want all of the packages to be visible for everyone. because for example To purchase the training of Gold level, customer should have subscribed and finished his SIlver level of training. Is it possible or not!? if So, How!

3) There should ne an upgrade option instead of sign up as they might want to upgrade from one package to another package and get access to all other pages and materials. “””Not all packages are inter related so I don’t want them to be able to upgrade from everything to all – “””what about this!?

4) can I integrate it with Ogone payment gateway!?

5)I want the users to be able to register everytime in a month but given the access only at the beginning of the next month. What do you suggest with it.!?

I appreciate your helps

Regards,
Ehsan

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 5:05 pm #41625
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate your patience. :-)

1) Now “””If a user subscribe for free samples “Free sample access – Level”, I want them to access the free samples only. I know it can be done but when he choose to purchase another package , I want S2member Pro to de-activate his free membership access-level and assign the paid package access-level as a new privillage . Is it possible!? if So , How! My reason of asking this is that I tried other plugins but after purchase the package, because user was carrying free sample access-level he could not access the pages that was allowed for his paid package.

I’m not sure what you mean by “de-activate his free membership access-level…” here. Are you saying that you would like s2Member® to remove access to the free samples that you mentioned these Users would have?

If so, you may want to use s2Member’s Custom Capabilities, rather than Membership Levels here. Custom Capabilities are not incremental (e.g. if a User is s2Member Level 0, and have Custom Capability ccap_1, but then they are upgraded to s2Member Level 1, and that Custom Capability is removed, they lose access to whatever is protected with that Custom Capability).

You can restrict content in almost all of the same ways with Custom Capabilities as Membership Levels, such as through the Add/Edit Post page:

What you may do here is set up a Free Registration Form (available with s2Member® Pro), with a Custom Capability like free here. Then, when a User goes to upgrade, you can have them upgrade to s2Member Level 1 without this Custom Capability.

By default s2Member will only add Custom Capabilities here, though, and won’t remove any Custom Capabilities that are already set. To keep things simple I would recommend installing Capability Manager, and adding the Capability access_s2member_ccap_free to your Subscriber Role. This way you can sign Users up at Subscriber (s2Member Level 0), and this Capability will be removed when their Role is changed.

See: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/capsman/

2) I don’t want all of the packages to be visible for everyone. because for example To purchase the training of Gold level, customer should have subscribed and finished his SIlver level of training. Is it possible or not!? if So, How!

s2Member provides some tools to accomplish this. For this I would recommend checking out Content Dripping.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping
See Also: Knowledge Base » Introduction to Content Dripping in s2Member®

3) There should ne an upgrade option instead of sign up as they might want to upgrade from one package to another package and get access to all other pages and materials. “””Not all packages are inter related so I don’t want them to be able to upgrade from everything to all – “””what about this!?

You should be able use a mixture of s2Member’s Simple Shortcode Conditionals and Billing Modification Forms here. Billing Modification Forms allow Users to Upgrade/Downgrade their Membership with your site. These are available with s2Member® Pro.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Billing Modification Forms
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals
See Also: Knowledge Base » Simple Shortcode Conditionals

4) can I integrate it with Ogone payment gateway!?

s2Member® Pro does not natively support Ogone, and we do not have any plans for the future to support Ogone. See this article regarding custom payment gateways:

Pre Sale FAQs » Can I add support for other payment gateways?

5)I want the users to be able to register everytime in a month but given the access only at the beginning of the next month. What do you suggest with it.!?

s2Member is not designed to work this way. If you’d like to add this sort of functionality it will require custom code.

Posted: Wednesday Feb 13th, 2013 at 8:28 pm #41628

Thanks Bruce,

1) Regarding question No#2, I understand the content-dripping but my point is I don’t want the users to see the button or option to subscribe for the new package if they did not subscribed and finished their prerequisite training subscriptions. What do you advise here!?

2) I have agents promoting my programs, How can I add an element during registration and ALSO TRack the result and see who registered by who, So I can pay their commissions.!?

3) Could you please quote me for the custom coding you mentioned for the last questions.!?

Regards,
Ehsan

Posted: Friday Feb 15th, 2013 at 4:02 am #41808
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

1) Regarding question No#2, I understand the content-dripping but my point is I don’t want the users to see the button or option to subscribe for the new package if they did not subscribed and finished their prerequisite training subscriptions. What do you advise here!?

s2Member provides functionality to drip content based on time paid for a Membership Level as well. If your Users should finish a course in 30 days, and they sign up at s2Member Level 1, you might use something like this in your Post/Page:

<?php if(s2member_paid_registration_time() > 0){ ?>

This is some content that will be displayed to all Members that have paid you at some point.

<?php if(s2member_paid_registration_time("level1") > 30){ ?>
        This will be displayed to all Members that have paid for Level#2 at some point.
    <?php } ?>

<?php } ?>

Alternatively, if you need to track right when a User finishes their course, and then provide them with the link to upgrade, you can give Users a Custom Capability when they reach the end of the course through PHP, and check for this in your Post/Page with just s2Member’s Shortcode Conditionals.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities
See Also: Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP
See Also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

2) I have agents promoting my programs, How can I add an element during registration and ALSO TRack the result and see who registered by who, So I can pay their commissions.!?

I’m unsure how you’re handling this, but you may want to take a look at s2Member’s integrations with affiliate programs for this. You can find info on this here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Tracking

3) Could you please quote me for the custom coding you mentioned for the last questions.!?

As per our Support Policy, we do not work with custom code. If you need this set up we recommend posting a job listing on http://jobs.wordpress.net/, or http://elance.com/.

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 12:41 am #41926

Thanks A lot,

I read the articles and found that a level 3 will have access to level 2 & 1 & 0.
Is there any way to for example grant access level 4 to customers but prevent them from having access to the contents of level 3, meaning that I just want them to have access to level 4 & 2 & 1 & 0 but Not level 3.

Posted: Saturday Feb 16th, 2013 at 2:53 am #41932

Previous one was incomplete,

Thanks A lot,

1) I read the articles and found that a level 3 will have access to level 2 & 1 & 0.
Is there any way to for example grant access level 4 to customers but prevent them from having access to the contents of level 3, meaning that I just want them to have access to level 4 & 2 & 1 & 0 but Not level 3.

2) Is set up everything according to instruction, but visitor can see everything!? why is it like this!?
I want visitor to see some pages and then subscribe for level 0 to use the free samples and then pay for other packages and access them accordingly. what should I do!?

Ehsan

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 7:39 am #42244
Bruce
Staff Member

1) I read the articles and found that a level 3 will have access to level 2 & 1 & 0.

If that’s the case, then instead of having level 3 and level 4 set up, you should instead be using levels 1-3, with 2 different Custom Capabilities on Level 3, to have two different packages at level 3.

See: Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities)

2) Is set up everything according to instruction, but visitor can see everything!? why is it like this!?
I want visitor to see some pages and then subscribe for level 0 to use the free samples and then pay for other packages and access them accordingly. what should I do!?

Could you elaborate on this? And provide a link to a page on which is this happening?

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 8:26 am #42249

1) would you advise how that is possible to create different levels with different capabilities that you explained!? what I see is the predefined levels from 0 to 4. how can I create sub levels as you suggested!?

2) I want to provide different packages and bundles and in them I want to give access to only certain pages from all levels but not all of those pages. how is that possible.

3) how can I create packages for people to buy/subscribe!?

4) This is the link you asked for. http://www.ejpconsultancy.com/academy/ when you click on that you are a visitor but you have access to every single page of website. I specially set level 1 permission for this but it is available for public “http://www.ejpconsultancy.com/academy/subscribe-here/?_s2member_seeking%5Btype%5D=page&_s2member_seeking%5Bpage%5D=95&_s2member_seeking%5B_uri%5D=L2FjYWRlbXkvaXQtcHJvZ3JhbS1jb250ZW50Lw%3D%3D&_s2member_req%5Btype%5D=level&_s2member_req%5Blevel%5D=1&_s2member_res%5Btype%5D=page&s2member_seeking=page-95&s2member_level_req=1&#8221;

Thanks
Ehsan

Posted: Wednesday Feb 20th, 2013 at 11:28 pm #42631
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

1) would you advise how that is possible to create different levels with different capabilities that you explained!? what I see is the predefined levels from 0 to 4. how can I create sub levels as you suggested!?

This would not be sub-levels, but instead like this:

– s2Member Level 0 / Subscriber
– s2Member Level 1
– s2Member Level 2
– s2Member Level 3 (with 1 Custom Capability) + s2Member Level 3 (with a different Custom Capability)

Then, ALL of your level 3 members would have access to things protected at s2Member Level 2 and below, but they would only have access to things that they have the Custom Capability for. So, for instance, you could protect 1 Post with Custom Capability ccap_1, and s2Member Level 3, and only a s2Member Level 3 Member would have access to the Post.

See: Knowledge Base » A Basic Guide to Protecting Content With s2Member®
See Also: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Roles/Capabilities

2) I want to provide different packages and bundles and in them I want to give access to only certain pages from all levels but not all of those pages. how is that possible.

3) how can I create packages for people to buy/subscribe!?

See above. You can assign different Custom Capabilities for easy Package at Level 3, and sell single/all Custom Capabilities with this form:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Capability (Buy Now) Forms

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.