latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member Pro and Buddypress not working

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member Pro and Buddypress not working

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 6:36 pm #46420
CD
Username: dbais

I have been running S2member Version 130221 + s2Member Pro v130221 and Buddypress Version 1.6.5 using Custom Community Pro Theme Version 1.14 for some time.

About a month ago the Post Update button stopped working within buddypress. Also the Add Friend button no longer works under the membership tab. At first I thought this was a theme problem so I got in contact with the people that make Custom Community Pro Theme and gave them access to my site. They had a look and came back to me saying the problem was not the theme but the membership plugin I am using. Each time you try to post a update or add a friend after you click on the button it thinks for a bit and then disappears and nothing happens.

I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone can help me find out how to fix it. The funny thing is everything was working fine about a month ago.

I have tried to deactivate every plugin I have running including S2member but I was not able to make the problem go away.

My site is http://www.crewpass.com.au

It is free to sign up and become a member if anyone would like the see the problem first hand.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 6:58 am #46583

Hi Chris.

I have tried to deactivate every plugin I have running including S2member but I was not able to make the problem go away.

So with s2Member inactive the problem continued? Then why did the theme developer conclude it’s s2Member doing it?

When you say every plugin, you mean just leaving BuddyPress, right?

Did you try changing the theme to the default one?

Another way to test is to install a new WordPress in a separate dir for testing, add BuddyPress and test, then s2Member and test, then the rest, including the theme. Testing after each, you’ll notice right away if the last change brought the problem back.

Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.