latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member Pro & Google Checkout

Home Forums Community Forum s2member Pro & Google Checkout

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 1st, 2013 at 2:24 pm #43524

Paid for the s2member Pro account.. i do not want to use PayPal but found it easy conigure.. I would like the option of Google Checkout with it. I have gone through the video tutorials and I am still not clear on how to get a working member sign up and options page.

This step is really confusing and its the hold up between starting my subscription service and keeping things free on the site.

On a related note, as best I can tell, I cannot fathom the idea that I have to create multiple pages for each individual payment plan I want to offer.

For example, I want to have to option of selling a subscription in two different ways.
Monthly (recurring) $8.99
Yearly (recurring) $99.99

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 9:43 am #43606

Hi Christopher.

You mean having Google Checkout as an option in the PayPal pro-form? I’m afraid that’s not possible yet, but we have it in our to-do. You can have a Google Checkout button in the same page as the pro-form, though, it wouldn’t cause a conflict.

About making it possible to customize the order in the pro-form so you don’t need one per plan, this is also in our to-do list. For now, one way to use the same pro-form would be to reload the page with a var that you’d use to customize the pro-form’s shortcode as explained here: Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode

I hope that helps.

Posted: Saturday Mar 2nd, 2013 at 2:47 pm #43631

Since I am unable to use PayPal Pro for whatever reason.. I am looking for alternatives.. I know Authorize.net is there and may use it.. I am just confused on how the system keeps track of subscriptions when it is done externally.

Do I just have the user sign up for an account then go to a separate page to purchase a subscription? I would rather have it done all on one page. This idiocy of having to use separate pages for different payment options is driving me nuts. I am not a coder and going through 10 million articles just to set this all up is a bit overwhelming to me.

I was hoping to have this completely set up by Monday morning but this seems out of the question now with the way I am having to go through the coding and set up. A bit time consuming.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:33 am #43773

I am just confused on how the system keeps track of subscriptions when it is done externally.

The subscr. ID is stored in the user’s profile, so that when the payment gateway sends notifications for that ID, s2Member will know what user it belongs to.

Do I just have the user sign up for an account then go to a separate page to purchase a subscription? I would rather have it done all on one page.

With pro-forms you can do it either way. You can have users register first and then, later or immediately, while logged in upgrade making a payment. Or you can use the pro-form to have the person register the account and do the payment right then. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Mar 5th, 2013 at 3:04 pm #43803

I am starting to get spam registrations now. anyway to curtail those?

Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 5:00 am #44045

With the default registration page? Have you tried some of the anti-spam plugins? http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search.php?q=spam+registration

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.