latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member Pro – iPad App Product – Help

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member Pro – iPad App Product – Help

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 7:31 pm #32289

Hi,

I was hoping that I can get some assistance, I am a paid S2Member Pro customer and I believe that S2Member can do what we want but I just need some guidance.

Here’s a brief run down of our model and what we do…..

We are an iPad App development company and we are in the process of developing our first app, we are using our website as the landing point where visitors have the option of purchasing a subscription or signing up to 30 days free trial. There are two different versions of the app, the basic version which is offered as a 30 day trial and the “ultimate” version which is linked to a paid subscription.The actual apps would be offered for free on the app store but upon using the app a valid ID and password would need to be entered linked to either of the two membership types.

Now my app development team seems to have a handle on passing the ID/PW combo from the app to our site for authentication and that’s no problem for us and not why I am writing this post.

I need assistance on how I set up the free trial membership on S2Member, I have searched through the forums and can’t quite find a match for what I am looking for. We are based in Australia so we do not have access to PayPal Pro as this is exclusive for U.S residents, and so therefore restricts us from using the Paypal Pro Free Registration forms. We also do not want an automatic signup/payment from level 0 to 1, we want the customer to be in constant control of their level/status. If they want to become a paid subscriber they manually sign-up and if they only want the 30 day free trial they use it for 30 days and then the account closes off at the end of the period.

This is critical to the success of our product and so I am looking for support, either via one off forum posts or by a paid support agreement for a fixed period or ongoing.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 7:26 am #32340

Hi Jamie.

I just had another member confirm that he has PayPal Pro in Australia, here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/paypal-pro-does-work-in-australia/

It’d be PayPal Pro PayFlow Edition: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/howto_product_matrix

I hope that helps! :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.