latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2Member Pro Module updated to v121023

Home Forums Community Forum s2Member Pro Module updated to v121023

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Nov 4th, 2012 at 5:04 pm #30607

Hi,
We are having a problem with upgrading to latest version. We recieve this message on registration.
[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form success="http://test.squealrs.com/differentdashboard/" register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Private Account setup" custom="test.squealrs.com" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="1" /]
Also on the wp dashboard even logging in to s2 we get this in reply
Upgrade failed. Error #0004. Please upgrade via FTP, or supply valid Filesystem Credentials.
Trying correct FTP from within WP we get
Upgrade failed. Error #0007. Please upgrade via FTP.
Can you help please
Peter

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 4:28 pm #30676

Hi,
Can you reply to my query above please
Peter

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 6:00 pm #30702

Hi Peter.

You mean the update tool for s2Member Pro in your dashboard gave you that error when you tried it? In that case, could you try updating it manually via FTP? You can find the instructions here: s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions

We recieve this message on registration.
[[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form success="http://test.squealrs.com/differentdashboard/" register="1" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Private Account setup" custom="test.squealrs.com" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="1" /]]

Do you mean that you are shown the shortcode instead of the pro-form? That would happen if s2Member Pro is not active, then its shortcodes would not be parsed. See if completing the update correctly fixes this, please.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 6:32 pm #30706

Thanks Cristian I will try the link

Posted: Monday Nov 5th, 2012 at 6:58 pm #30710

Hi Cristian
Can I ask you a few more questions please:
We are changing the domain and branding of the site from squealrs.com to fanguardian.com so:
Could you provide any advise re moving over to this new url?
What problems should we look out for?
Can we use both urls while we move over to the new domain?
And how can I change the username of my account from squealrsdev to fanguardian?
Anything we missed please let me know
Peter

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 12:06 am #30732

Could you provide any advise re moving over to this new url?

I’m guessing you googled how to migrate WordPress. About s2Member, yu could use the s2Member Options export/import tools. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› s2Member® Options[/hilite]

What problems should we look out for?

Leaving the old domain name in some setting in the database. This would cause problems. You can review your database to make sure it was all updated. My suggestion above was to help prevent this.

Can we use both urls while we move over to the new domain?

You could have one redirect to the other, yes, all your links in the site should be using the correct domain name or you’ll have session problems. This article is related: Knowledge Base » Logged in but am considered logged out

And how can I change the username of my account from squealrsdev to fanguardian?

I guess editing your row in the users database table. You can google how to edit the username in WordPress.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.