latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form no more french?

Home Forums Community Forum Translations s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form no more french?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  fresatura 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Apr 4th, 2013 at 6:38 pm #46651
fresatura
Username: fresatura

Hello,

After Upgrading my french translation for the “s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form” is weird.
I reinstalled .mo/.po files as suggested (do not know why they were missing after the upgrade?!?)
But I get some text in english I do not find in .pot/.po/.mo files.

Username (lowercase letters and/or numbers) *
Password (type this twice please) *

Could you point me in the right direction?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 5th, 2013 at 5:14 am #46680
fresatura

After searching again, I found the missing strings in .po file, but they are still not displayed on the frontend?
They are installed in the right place.
Any suggestions what went wrong?
Thank you in advance

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 1:31 pm #46921
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

We appreciate your patience.

I just attempted to recreate this issue on a test installation, and it appears to be working correctly on a clean installation of WordPress 3.5.1, and s2Member + s2Member Pro v130406.

What versions of WordPress and s2Member are you running?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 1:37 pm #46922
fresatura

Thank you for your answer
Version 130406 + s2Member® Pro v130406
Wordpress version 3.5.1

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 2:05 pm #46923
Bruce
Staff Member

Version 130406 + s2Member® Pro v130406
Wordpress version 3.5.1

Thank you. What program are you using to translate s2Member? Are you doing the translation through a program like Poedit, or with a translation plugin, like Codestyling Localization?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 2:49 pm #46928
fresatura

I tried three ways:
• loading .po file via ftp and producing .mo via Codestyling
• uploading via ftp .po and .mo files without touching them, directly downloaded from Jean-Michel MEYER
• opening in Poedit and producing .mo with poedit and the upload via ftp.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 2:52 pm #46931
Bruce
Staff Member

I tried three ways:
• loading .po file via ftp and producing .mo via Codestyling
• uploading via ftp .po and .mo files without touching them, directly downloaded from Jean-Michel MEYER
• opening in Poedit and producing .mo with poedit and the upload via ftp.

Thanks for the info.

I just ran tests with both the Codestyling plugin, and by editing with Poedit, and it is working correctly in a default installation. Do you mind if I take a look at your installation? You can send Dashboard an FTP details here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 2:56 pm #46932
fresatura

thank you very much, i will do this immediately.
As i have been a bit in a hurry I ended up translating the php files,
which is an awful solution, I know, but I can reload the untranslated php for you whilst testing?

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 3:16 pm #46934
Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I have recreated this issue in a test environment. I’ve send Jason (Lead Developer) a full report of this bug. In the meantime, I can give you a hack to get this working in the short term. I can confirm that translating these phrases does work when you use the methods provided here:

Knowledge Base » Changing Words/Phrases In s2Member®

You’d want to do something like this within your Must-Use plugin, in conjunction with using your .mo file.

Make sure you put your .mo file into the main Plugins Directory, instead of leaving it in /s2member/includes/translations. If you leave the file there, it’ll get overwritten when s2Member updates.

Posted: Thursday Apr 11th, 2013 at 3:46 am #47162
fresatura

Thank you very much for your answer, I will follow your instructions.
This was very helpful.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.