latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member Pro updates and impact on site

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member Pro updates and impact on site

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 9:37 am #37573

Hi – I think the plugin is great, seems to work well on our site, however whenever you release an update it completely mucks up the membership element of our website. Bearing in mind we are a charity, and I run the website alongside the rest of my job, it may take me a day to see that the S2Member plugin needs updating – sometimes the first I hear of it is from our membership department because a prospective member has gone on and the membership area is just full of “gibberish” or code when you go and look at it. Is there any way you can keep the old version active until we update? It’s so frustrating and I know we have lost new members who give up and click away from the page.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the customer support forums

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 12:58 pm #37787
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Lyndsey,

This only happens because you update the free version, but you don’t immediately update the pro version.

When an update is available for s2Member, the dashboard will tell you so, so you go and update the free version automatically with WordPress. This updates the free version, the framework.

But then you need to update the pro version, this can be done manually, following these instructions: s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions
Or it can be done automatically from within s2Member’s dashboard, just go to any s2Member setting and it will tell you to update, asking your credentials etc.

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.