latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member Pro Upgrade

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member Pro Upgrade

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 1:58 pm #18100
Timothy Town
Username: timtown

I have read the forum and Q&A on upgrading to s2member pro but still no luck. I used fileZilla to upload the unzipped plug-in, I get a message that it uploaded however the free version is still showing and no Pro features. There should be a video showing your customers on how to correct this! Please help.
Thanks,
Tim

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 3:50 pm #18105
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

Hey, Timothy –

You downloaded the file “s2member-pro.zip” then unzipped it locally. This likely produced a directory called “s2member-pro”. Underneath that directory will be another “s2member-pro” directory, then under that will be all the pro files. It is this second directory that you want to upload – not the top-level one.

When you upload, be sure you are loading it under [yoursite]/wp-content/plugins/ – where you will see the s2member free framework directory “s2member”.

When you get done, you should find at least this one file in this exact path: [yoursite]/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro/pro-module.php

And don’t try to use your site until the upload is complete; it will throw php errors on missing files. :)

Randy

Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 3:25 pm #18218
Timothy Town

Can I upload the unzipped folder via FTP into the plug-ins folder? I have tried everything you stated it states it uploaded successfully however the upgrade is not on the site. Thanks

Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 7:40 am #18273
Randy King

Yes; actually, it’s the only way to do it – to use an FTP program such as FileZilla and load the un-zipped folder to the plugins folder. AGAIN, be very certain that you are uploading the correct folder; when you un-zip the file you will get an “s2member-pro” folder from the unzip program, then UNDER that folder will be ANOTHER “s2member-pro” folder. It is this second folder that gets uploaded to your site.

When you do it, your dashboard will show the “pro” version installed. Going forward, updates will be handled from your dashboard semi-automatically, no more FTP required.

Sorry for the delay in response; for some reason, I didn’t get an email notification from this thread. Will be out of town for a couple of days now.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 1:04 pm #18940
Timothy Town

Randy,
I unzipped the file and there is only one file that is s2member pro, not 2 files. I used fileZilla and uploaded it the the s2member framwork file in the plugins but no luck. My site still show the free version. Do you know of a trouble shooting video in this forum? I went to another forum outside of this and they stated I should have gone with Wishlist Member. This is very frustrating!
~Tim

Posted: Wednesday Jul 11th, 2012 at 1:34 pm #18943
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Timothy,

First, install the free version of s2Member.

Then simply upload the s2member-pro folder so that you have both s2Member folders, the s2member folder, and the s2member-pro folder.

You can find instructions in this link:
s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Friday Jul 13th, 2012 at 3:40 pm #19189
Timothy Town

Randy,
It worked the second time….Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 3:46 pm #19775
Randy King

Timothy,

Great! It can be a little confusing – I did the same thing you did the first time out and spent a long time looking for all the “pro” features.

As far as Wishlist Member vs. S2 – you will always encounter “religious” issues and statements about which package is better, etc. I believe that it comes down to which package you’re most familiar with using, as long as the features support what you’re trying to do.

I settled on S2 after doing some research based on my feature requirements, and I’m really pleased with the robust functionality and the support. Just last week, I integrated InfusionSoft with S2Member – it’s a loose integration of sorts, but it works great and it will allow me to work with a customer that uses InfusionSoft exclusively for his autoresponders and his list management.

Good luck with your project!

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 4:48 pm #19780
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Great! Glad I was able to help Timothy. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.