latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member Pro wifth Relevanssi Search Plugin

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member Pro wifth Relevanssi Search Plugin

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Philly 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 1:24 pm #25046
Ralph Cabage
Username: rcabage

Greeting s2Member Support Team:

I have installed the Relvanssi Search plugin

which according to the author, the plugin has:
■Automatic support for s2member membership plugin.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/relevanssi/

On our membership s2Member site http://www.aqualifedealers.com/ the search pulls up public and protected material, so I posted the following to the Relvanssi facebook wall:

greetings massari:

I have s2Member Pro latest Version 120703 and the Relevanssi Free version 3.0.4 and when I do a search the pages that are protected in s2member (Member Levels 0 & higher) are being shown the the search results to web browsers who are not a member.

See http://www.aqualifedealers.com/ and type in “Led Lighting” in the search, the top result “Member Review: Led Lighting Systems” is a protected page and when a non-member clicks on the title s2member catches it and instructs the person that he/she must be a member.

So, Relevanssi appears NOT to “automatically” catch the s2member memberships and non members.

I could not find anywhere in the plugin admin to set the s2membership options????

I installed Relevanssi because you state a main feature is it automatically works with s2member, but I cannot make it work. I will not even contemplate your Pro version unless I can get the free version to work.

Thanks for all your help!

And below are his multiple responses:

s2member should work with Relevanssi straight out of the box. I’ve last made changes to Relevanssi to make it compatible with s2member version 110912. I don’t know what s2member does, so if they change their plugin so it becomes incompatible with Relevanssi, there’s little I can do unless somebody tells me it’s broken. You’re the first to do so.

ll take a look and see what I can do, but since I don’t use s2member myself, it’s always a bit tricky to test.

There is a s2member setting that lets Relevanssi show the title and excerpt of a protected post, so it may be you’ve got that setting enabled. I have no idea how to adjust that setting in s2member, I just know s2member may allow Relevanssi to show members-only posts in search results.

After all, some folks find it rather useful to show the non-members a sneak preview of what they can see as a member. So, I’d suggest you take a look at your s2member settings, maybe ask on the s2member forums, as there are peole there who know Relevanssi (because they provided me with the Relevanssi/s2member interface). Alt View Protection or something like that…

——

So, is there s2Member setting I need to change???

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 1:30 pm #25048

Hi Ralph,

The setting you need to change is located

wordpress -> dashboard -> s2member -> restriction options -> Alternative View Protection

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.