latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member Profile Search

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member Profile Search

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 23rd, 2012 at 9:18 am #6110
Robert Funge
Username: godrob

Hi Cristian and Jason,

Here\’s my problem.

I am wanting to use the S2Member facility to create new profile fields for my BuddyPress site. I\’m currently using the \’BP Profile Search\’ plugin – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/bp-profile-search/installation/ to provide a search box on my members page.

This all works fine with Profile fields created with BuddyPress, but any S2Member field created doesn\’t show.

Is their a search plugin available for S2Member profile fields? Or, how can I modify the \’BP Profile Search\’ plugin to include S2Member profile fields as well?

Thanks
Rob

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 24th, 2012 at 3:08 pm #6314

Hi Rob.

This is a known limitation in the current s2Member, which we’re aware of and working to improve soon.

To search an s2Member custom profile field in the current version, here’s a tip given by Jason to custom code it: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15658&p=48878#p48878

The next major release of s2Member, probably coming out in around a month, will allow easier custom fields search. The BP integration with it may come a little after that, but will be much easier.

I’m sorry it isn’t easier yet, but I hope it helps.

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 4:57 pm #6560
Robert Funge

Thanks Cristian, I look forward to the next release…

One more question…

How can I hide certain custom profile fields appearing on the payment pages? Although these custom profile fields are essential for registration (I’m using paypal pro forms to register members at level1 and give them a free trial), they must hamper conversion rates on the payment pages where they are not necessary

Can I hide them?

Thanks
Rob.

Posted: Monday Feb 27th, 2012 at 5:12 pm #6575

Oh, you can make them show in the profile only, instead of the registration. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields -> Custom Field -> Allow Profile Edits[/hilite]

Yes (editable after registration / invisible during registration)

That should do the trick. :)

Posted: Tuesday Feb 28th, 2012 at 6:37 am #6658
Robert Funge

Hi Cristian,

The thing is, I offer a free trial using the pro forms to bring in subscribers in at level 1, so all profile fields need to be present. As I offer a free trial, payment doesn’t take place initially. Therfore, I only need the name fields, to be shown on the payment page but need all of profile fields to be shown on the registration page, if that makes sense?

Thanks
Rob

Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 2:47 am #6735

I’m not sure I follow.

If the person is not logged in to an account, the pro-form will allow to pay and register at the same time. If he’s logged in, the fields will be pre-populated with the values for that user.

Could you explain your flow through its steps? E.g. 1, 2, 3…

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.