latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member redirect fails for level 0

Home Forums Community Forum s2member redirect fails for level 0

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  bschiett 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 6:45 pm #4500
bschiett
Username: bschiett

Hi,

I’ve set up s2member with open registration. Everything seems to be working fine – a user who is not logged in and who tries to download a file is sent to the membership options page.

However, if I register as a user and get membership level 0, and then try to download a file, the redirect to the membership options page fails and I just get a blank page in my browser. Why is this?

I put in a basic restriction for level 0 – zero downloads in 30 days, and put in unlimited downloads in 30 days for level 1 and up.

Thanks
B

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 3:03 pm #4768
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I don’t use downloads, but just looking at the system, here is my guess:

The redirection is only for non-members (those not logged in).

There is an option under Download Options ->Download Limit Exceeded Page where you can specify a page for users to be redirected to when they reach their limit.

Since you are setting the limit at 0, any time you click one, you’ve reached your limit. If you don’t have anything in that field, that might be why it’s directing to a blank page.

Hope that helps,
Dave

Posted: Saturday Feb 11th, 2012 at 4:32 am #4805
bschiett
Username: bschiett

Hi Dave
Thanks for the tip – I double checked and I did create a download limit exceeded page and the page has been selected under download options. So it seems this is not the problem …
B

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  bschiett.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.