latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member Shortcodes in new OptimizePress v2

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member Shortcodes in new OptimizePress v2

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eric Byrd 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 18th, 2013 at 5:24 pm #56116

I am trying to deploy the new OptimizePress version 2 theme (or plug in) and I’m having issues getting their live page editor to recognize the S2 Member shortcodes. I can add other shortcodes to the pages (such as one for SuperSAAS scheduling site), but the content filtering I so loved on pages using S2 Member and OP v1 does not seem to be working at all.

Anyone played around with this or heard anything about tricks to get it to work. I do not want to switch to the OP2 membership process as I like what S2 Member gives me over all.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 2:22 am #56320
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I’m unaware of any reason this wouldn’t work, s2Member uses the default WordPress Shortcode API for its Shortcodes. What shows up when you put an s2Member Shortcode on the page? Is there a black space where the Button/Pro Form should be, or does it just put the Shortcode on the Page?

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 10:27 am #56357

Okay, so since I posted this I had the chance to play around a bit. I did get it to work, but not exactly as I wanted. So here’s the skinny for anyone else working with OP2.

OP2 has a page builder that requires you to add ‘elements’ to the page of different types. It basically handles the coding and CSS, etc for you. Nice if you don’t want to ‘code’ and the layouts are nice, I must admit (why I bought it).

I have been trying to use a conditional shortcode to protect a specific ‘element’ on a page by current user level. That way I don’t have to create multiple pages, plus it deals with the fact that higher levels can see lower level pages (level 3 can see level 2&1 pages by default). I want to put some text and buttons that only the current level user can see.

What didn’t work: I tried adding the shortcode as a “html/shortcode” element in the page builder above the button element I want to protect. It doesn’t accept the short code [s2If current_user_is_level1] at all. It just won’t add it. So I tried adding it as a text block element above the button element. It accepts it in a text block (and is hidden on the page as the tutorial says it might be). The problem was that when I wanted to end the protection with the [/s2If] shortcode, as another text element below the button element, the text “[/s2If]” shows up on the page… so it doesn’t recognize it as a shortcut.

What DID work: so I tried adding the shortcodes and the content as text all in one text box ‘element’ in the page builder. That works. So, that means you can only protect each element by adding the shortcodes into the element “box” itself. You don’t seem to be able to protect several elements with one overall shortcode. I was able to protect text and an s2Member PayPal button shortcode this way and it worked fine. I’m not sure about other graphic elements from the page builder… not sure how to insert the shortcode into those elements generated by the builder. But you can do basic html to add buttons and stuff if they need to be protected.

Oh, and word of warning… when you’re protecting elements. Make sure you put current_user_is(administrator) as one of the levels to see the protected content. I lost access to a button because I didn’t do that and it now doesn’t even show up in the page builder interface. I’m going to have to figure out a way to get it back or to recreate the page entirely. Ah, the ups and downs of page builders.

Thanks… hope that helps and if anyone figures out how to protect multiple elements with one shortcode I’d love to know about it!!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.