latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2Member slow because of ajax-loader.gif

Home Forums Community Forum s2Member slow because of ajax-loader.gif

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 3:30 pm #54302
alancheuk
Username: alancheuk

When I check my site’s loading performance on tools.pingdom.com, one thing that sometimes slows my site from 1-2s to 3-4 seconds is ajax-loader.gif. Sometimes it spends 3 seconds just waiting before it starts receiving the gif data.

My site is relatively optimized, with CDN, minification, etc. I also replaced s2member’s CSS with my own to speed things up. But I can’t figure out how to get rid of this ajax-loader.gif. What is it used for and how do I stop s2member from loading it?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 1:48 am #54376
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

What is it used for and how do I stop s2member from loading it?

It’s interesting that you’re having this problem, the ajax-loader.gif file isn’t only about 2kilobytes, and should only take a split second to download. Also, your browser should be caching this file after the first time it’s used so it should take nearly no time to load it.

We use Pingdom here at s2Member and we do not have this problem ourselves, though we are running s2Member as well. I would recommend contacting your server provider. Maybe they can shed some light on this.

This file is used in almost all of s2Member’s Pro Forms and Buttons. It’s not something I would consider “important”, as it is a UI element that Users should see for less than a second at a time. You could delete this file if it became a big problem and I believe that it would not cause any big issue. However, I would still recommend that you find the root cause of the problem.

Thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.