latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member update question

Home Forums Community Forum s2member update question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 1:59 pm #28153

Hello,
I have question about updating s2member plugin.
Let’s say I added some new functions to some files inside the s2member folder. Will I lose those functions when you will have a new update for the plugin? Does the new update replace the old files?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 4:37 pm #28163
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there,

Yes I’m afraid that’s what happens, I believe if you add them to the mu-plugins folder, that way the always override the s2Member, just make sure to update those files every time there is a new version.

Although if you have to update them in order to make sure that s2Member works correctly, it rally is just worth it modifying the core and not using the mu-plugins folder.

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:21 am #28228

Let’s say I added some new functions to some files inside the s2member folder. Will I lose those functions when you will have a new update for the plugin? Does the new update replace the old files?

Yeah, you’d lose your customizations. I’d use the must-use plugins directory too. /wp-content/mu-plugins/

Posted: Monday Oct 15th, 2012 at 1:59 pm #28456

Thank you!

Posted: Monday Oct 15th, 2012 at 2:48 pm #28459
Eduan
Username: Eduan

You’re welcome. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.