latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2Member video shortcodes

Home Forums Community Forum s2Member video shortcodes

This topic contains 37 replies, has 8 voices. Last updated by  RossGrant 4 years, 3 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 5:04 am #21209

Hey Phily, Thanks for the great add-on..Ross thanks for the great follow-up….

Videos works for for not logged in users, very useful!!!

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 4:13 pm #21392

Thanks Santosh.

I think this post gets closed automatically after a certain amount of time so I’m going to continue it here for those that are interested

http://phillymax.com/web/wordpress/s2member-video-shortcode/

were you can download the latest version.

If there are not similar capabilities in the new s2member then I will release and maintain this plugin on the official WordPress plugin repository.

In the meantime I have added ssl support

[s2video ssl="true"]

And support for passing extra JW plugin values through the plugins attribute.

For instance if you want to use Google Analytics Pro plugin for the player you do:

[s2video plugins="'gapro-2': {}"]

Just separate each plugin with ;

@ Core

I tried those playlist plugins but without success I think you have to supply the playlist as an xml file for them to work.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 9:17 pm #21449
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Philly,

I just wanted to say that I love what you’re doing here, also wanted to tell you that if this topic gets closed, I can always open it again. ;)

Posted: Monday Aug 13th, 2012 at 10:07 pm #21943

@Philly I just saw your plugin, awesome that you created this.. I’m having trouble. Activated it, used the short code, but no love. I just see the shortcode in the page, nothing happens. Any thoughts?

Actually I made one adjustment and now getting this response:

Sorry, you do NOT have access to this file.

How do I need to configure this to show my test video? I haven’t had any issue displaying my test video using the code samples .. anyway, I’m sure I’m missing simple.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  luisrosario.
Posted: Friday Aug 17th, 2012 at 12:33 pm #22367

@Philly so got things working finally after visiting your site. I have a question about implementing skins. How do you do it? I’ve tried editing your plugin file but not sure if that’s the right way to do it. Currently I think I have done it correctly, but not fully sure since my control bar on the new skin doesn’t hide once I hit play. I was also hoping that you might consider putting in support of allowing a logo to be placed in the player similar to the jwplayer logo (like in the default player) and allowing us to have the option to display it indefinitely or some time interval.

And your thoughts on a view counter? Any suggestions on how to get one implemented? Thanks for your time.

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 7:39 am #23165

Thanks Eduan.

@ Luis

I’ve added more options including support for skins in the new plugin verison

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by  Philly.
Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 12:28 pm #23180
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Thanks for the update Philly!

You threw me off there for a second, with the change of avatar. lol

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 2:22 pm #23800
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hi guys!

This plugin is simply amazing and I am now preparing to use it to convert around 70 media files on my site from using S3Flowshield to S2 video shortcodes and cloudfront.

It just works, it’s brilliant and looks so nice and clean on my site.

I just need Jason to confirm that this won’t be redundant in the next version of S2 otherwise this will be wasted work transferring it all over.

In my opinion, and I’ve been using S2 since the very start, we should make this part of the core.

Could someone let me know before I start moving evrything over to S2 video shortcodes please.

THANK YOU! :)

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 2:42 am #23828

I’ll email him about your question. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 2:11 am #25131
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

Great work! Really nice job on the plugin!

Yes, this is on our list, and portions of the code have already been completed. However, I would not expect to see this ready-to-go in the initial release, though it will likely come later with full support for JW Player and others.

Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 10:36 am #25178

That’s great to know.. Although we have already migrated to this plug and is working great. Really happy about this! Great job @Philly !

Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 10:42 am #25179
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Great news Jason,

I too have fully migrated to using s@/ cloudfront/ JW Player and this plugin for all audio and video on my site, and it absolutely rocks!

Such a great plugin, and I am really looking forward to the new s2Member.

It amazes me everyday just what it enables me to do.

Viewing 12 replies - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.