latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2member_pro_login_widget()

Home Forums Community Forum s2member_pro_login_widget()

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 7th, 2013 at 5:24 pm #46811
CC SHambres
Username: Chevaune

I’m struggling to implement the Pro Login form on the following page. I’ve added the following code into the index.php associated with the members directory (buddypress integrated)

<div style="float:right"> 'Membership Login', 
																				"signup_url" =&gt; "http://www.chamberstuition.co.uk/s2register",
																				"login_redirect" =&gt; "%%home%%",
																				"profile_title" =&gt; "My Profile Summary",
																				"display_gravatar" =&gt; "1",
																				"display_name" =&gt; "1",
																				"my_account_url" =&gt; "%%automatic%%",
																				"my_profile_url" =&gt; "",
																				"logout_redirect" =&gt; "%%previous%%"));
																echo s2member_pro_login_widget($args);				?&gt;
			</div>

Everything is working except the login part (ie users can signup, and once logged in else where their profile summary is visible, however they cannot login directly from this page;

Here

Help would be much appreciated

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Apr 8th, 2013 at 8:09 pm #46869
CC SHambres

any help with this??

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 8:23 pm #46964
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

however they cannot login directly from this page;

What do you mean by this? Do they receive an error message?

I see now. The problem is with the action attribute on the form that’s generated on your page. It’s not being populated for some reason. I’m going to take a look at the login widget’s code, and see if there’s any way this could be being affected by your method. It’s more likely that there’s something in your theme/another plugin that’s causing this with JavaScript, but I’ll check just to be sure :-).

Posted: Tuesday Apr 9th, 2013 at 8:29 pm #46966
Bruce
Staff Member

Investigation Complete.

s2Member doesn’t allow the action attribute to be overwritten with any parameters. It uses wp_login_url() to populate this field. So either a plugin or theme is stopping wp_login_url() from working correctly, or it’s happening with JavaScript in your site. This isn’t something that s2Member’s in control of.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:38 am #47053
CC SHambres

ok thanks. does it make a difference that it works as a widget in my default theme? for example you can use it to login from the home page.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 10th, 2013 at 6:56 pm #47128
Bruce
Staff Member

ok thanks. does it make a difference that it works as a widget in my default theme? for example you can use it to login from the home page.

That’s interesting, but it doesn’t shed any light onto why this is happening. s2Member doesn’t change the action attribute in any way from one style of the login widget to another.

I’d recommend trying the first two steps from this article:

Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.