latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Member/IdevAffiliate post-sale question.

Home Forums Community Forum S2Member/IdevAffiliate post-sale question.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 5:14 am #37709

I have both the pro version of s2Member and I have bought IdevAffiliate platinum. Hopefully it was through the affiliate link that credits your company for the referral. :)

Anyway, I just wanted to ask. Do my customers who want to be my affiliates need to create a separate affiliate account with my Idev installation or is there some way to automatically have the two accounts linked so they do not need to do the extra steps associated with creating and logging in to IDev accounts?

Thanks for any help in advance.

~Gary.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 2:56 am #37859
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry.

iDevAffiliate does not currently integrate directly with WordPress, and this is not something that s2Member controls. There could possibly be a way to link the two, but we are currently unaware of any way that this could be possible, as this is outside of the scope of s2Member’s integration with iDevAffiliate.

s2Member does have a number of remote ops that you may want to look into if you do decide to pursue the possibility of this integration.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Remote Operations API
See Also: Knowledge Base » Remote User Status (Custom API)

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 10:42 pm #38000
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

@Gary Cook

Yes, this is possible with iDevAffiliate/s2Member. Please see this section in your iDevAffiliate Dashboard. This can be integrated together with s2Member using the “Create Affiliate Account” script provided by iDev, and s2Member’s API Notification for the Registration event.

See: iDevAffiliate -› Advanced Developer Tools -› API Scripts

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Registration Notifications

What you’re doing is pasting a special URL for s2Member to process during each customer registration. s2Member will contact your iDevAffiliate installation through this URL, and iDevAffiliate creates a matching affiliate account within it’s database.

The URL that you give to s2Member might look like this.

http://example.com/idevaffiliate/API/scripts/new_affiliate.php?secret=xxxxxxx&username=%%user_login%%&password=%%user_pass%%&email=%%user_email%%
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.