latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2Members and BuddyPress reg process

Home Forums Community Forum s2Members and BuddyPress reg process

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Prolet 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 7:32 am #53863
Prolet
Username: vesta

Hi,
I’m very sorry to ask again, but I didn’t find a correct answer to the question.

I did read all topics here and in BP’s forum and all discussions are unresolved or moved into other issue.

How to synchronise s2Member and BuddyPress is the question.

With BP in the registering process I collect information.

With s2Member the clients pay and the admin controls the users.

It is no important what is first – the payment or the information.

The goal is this two plugins to be set up correctly in an away that nobody will be able to log into the website before give a profile information and before to pay.

Please accept my apologies for opening this question again and also accept the fact that I”m not a developer and English is not my mother’s language. Therefore I need help to understand many things :)

Thanks for your patience and further help!

Very best,
Prolet

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:26 am #53933
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you’re talking about Custom Registration/Profile Fields, then the answer is that you need to create these fields within s2Member to get the flow you want. s2Member’s fields will be picked up by BuddyPress, but s2Member can’t bring in these fields to Pro Forms.

By creating your registration/profile fields with s2Member, you can force Users to input the needed information before signup no matter what.

Does that answer your question?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:33 am #53934
Prolet

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your reply!

Yesterday I decided to disable BP’s registration and to use the great s2M pro forms. Now I’m looking for an away to collect the information which is the problem for me.

What a great help I have here!

Very best,
Polly

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:36 am #53936
Bruce
Staff Member

Now I’m looking for an away to collect the information which is the problem for me.

What all do you need to store? Is there a specific way it needs to be formulated that s2Member’s not capable of? If you absolutely need to, you could also just force Users to be logged into pay for access, and force them to sign up originally through BuddyPress.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:46 am #53939
Prolet

Bruce,

The problem is not with s2M. It’s with me :)
I still don’t know the full range of your plugin. Therefore I don’t know how to use it in this case :(

I want registration with s2M and s2M to be the “main” user manager. I use BP for inter site communications.

BP will help consultants to create groups of clients. Every consultant need to have information about the client.
There is a plugin called Buddypress Xprofile Custom Fields Type but it shows only upon registration.

I’m sorry to bother you. From now on this is not s2m problem.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:48 am #53940
Bruce
Staff Member

Gotcha. If you run into any problems let me know. :-)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 1:49 am #53941
Prolet

Bless you :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.