latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2Members by invite only link?

Home Forums Community Forum S2Members by invite only link?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 6:10 am #33681
eBierek
Username: eBierek

Hi,

I’m working on a project for a client where they want to approve every member before they registers and pays. I have the following flow/setup at the moment:

1) Person applies through a regular GravityForms form.
2) Client reads applications in wp-admin and emails (or use MailChimp) out approval.
3) ..in this email they want to include a link where the member can register and pay (S2member pro-form). The pro-forms with S2M works perfectly fine, but is it possible to do some sort of secure solution so the person who gets the register-link, can’t pass it on?

– Can I create a link that only can be used once, by one approved member? What would you recommend?

Thank you in advance,
Emily

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 8:11 am #33692

Hi Emily.

You could protect the page where the pro-form is, with the Specific Page Access Restriction and then generate an access link for each person. The access link will be subject to the Unique IP protection, which would limit it from being shared.

Video » s2Member (Specific Posts/Pages)
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page Access Links[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Unique IP Access Restrictions[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 5:49 am #33852
eBierek

Hi Cristián,

Thank you for answering. I’m not sure “we’re on the same page” though. In step 3,
they would like to inlude a link in the email like http://www.domain.se/members/pay&individualcode-can-be-used-once or maybe, produce some sort of code/key the becoming member have to fill in, in a field in the pro-form. So without a code, the form is useless.

We’re using paypal express checkout with S2M pro-forms.

Any ideas very appreciated.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  eBierek.
Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 8:49 am #33884

Ah okay. I thought the emails would be personalized, so a unique link for each user would make sense, since it’s safer than one for everyone, because it could be shared.

If you want to protect the page so you send them a code they have to enter to view the page with the pro-form, maybe password protecting the page in the WordPress editor, may do what you want. Go to edit the page and you’ll find how to password protect it under [hilite path]Publish -> Visibility -> Password Protected[/hilite].

Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 9:55 am #33893
eBierek

Hi again,

No, the emails are not personalized, its just information about how to pay their membership and then the link they should use to do it (but not share).

Thank you for the idea, might work for now :)

Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 5:02 pm #33927

Cool. :)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.