latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2members levels not working right

Home Forums Community Forum S2members levels not working right

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Mar 22nd, 2012 at 3:44 pm #8858

Here’s the link and password I sent out : http://main.yogacalmkids.com/orlando/wp-login.php?loggedout=true
demo1 as the user name and yoga123 as the password

However, this just sends me to a membership page, instead of the welcome page. i have no idea what is going on.

this was working before the recent upgrade.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:58 am #8892

Sorry, couldn’t see what happens because too many IPs triggered the Unique IP restriction for security reasons.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Unique IP Access Restrictions[/hilite]

This video may help:

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 1:07 pm #8931

This does not apply to me, as I used the standard log-in that came with s2members.

Here is a link to the screen shot of the code.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2810718/code.png

I turned off the IP restrictions. And I see that it is now sending me to the admin page. In your video it says to change the hidden field, but I am not clear how to do that, since this is the s2login.

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 1:10 pm #8933
Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:30 pm #8962

This line in the login form is the one causing the redirection to the admin side instead of the Login Welcome Page you set:

[hilite pre_code]

[/hilite]

You need to remove that line so the Login Welcome Page is shown after login.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:41 pm #8973

But *where* do I find this line? In what file? You say it is in the login form, but that is generated by S2members. What php file am I changing, and where can I find it so I can make that change!!!

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 7:01 pm #8974

No, that page is not generated by s2Member, it’s the default WordPress login page.

That line is most probably being added by another plugin. Try deactivating other plugins one by one, after each refresh the login page and check to see if the redirection line went away with the last plugin you deactivated.

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 7:24 pm #8977

So, are you saying that I should only use the form that s2members provides? but it worked the same way.

http://main.yogacalmkids.com/orlando/registerlog-in/

The one on the right is the s2members form.

Are you saying that it is probably another plug in affecting it?

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 8:18 pm #8978

And I tried as you suggested, and it didn’t seem to make a difference, I still couldn’t get to my welcome page.

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 10:29 pm #8987

So, are you saying that I should only use the form that s2members provides?

Not necessarily, you could use that or the default login page.

but it worked the same way.

Could you please show me a screenshot of the widget settings?
[hilite path]WP Admin -> Appearance -> Widgets -> s2 Member Pro Login[/hilite]

Are you saying that it is probably another plug in affecting it?

It could be.

And I tried as you suggested, and it didn’t seem to make a difference, I still couldn’t get to my welcome page.

What did you try? Deactivating all the other plugins?

You can also try the default theme instead of the custom one, as a test, to see if it’s the theme doing this.

Could you also post a screenshot of the Login Welcome Page panel?
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page[/hilite]

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 10:50 pm #8989

Hi, yes, I turned off all the plugins, except for s2members, and tried it, and it still didn’t work.

Here are the screen shots.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2810718/welcome.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2810718/widget.png

And, I tried changing the theme to 2011, but that didn’t seem to make a difference, so I put it back.

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 11:12 pm #8992

Thanks for the screenshots. They look fine.

OK, so you tried deactivating all other plugins and the default theme, and you still had the redirection to the admin page. Did you refresh the login page after each change to make sure you weren’t trying the page cache from before the change?

Is that test account a normal one as the ones your customers would have or is it an admin account? Did you edit the role in any way to add a capability it doesn’t have by default (e.g. edit posts)?

What happens if you deactivate the s2Member plugin?

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 11:29 pm #8993

If I deactivate *everything*, including s2members, yes, I can get to the page just fine. :)

If I have a standard theme, and just the s2members, yes, I can get into the page, and it does send me there.

OK, if I go back to the original theme, and just have s2members on, yes, I go to that page.

OK, I turned on all the *vital* plugins, and it appears to be working. There were a few that I didn’t need, that another developer put in, and when i turned them off, it appears to be working.

Wow. I think, it is fixed. It appears to be getting me where I need to go.

Don’t know why it didn’t do that when I did it last time.

Thanks, I *think* this is fixed the.

Posted: Saturday Mar 24th, 2012 at 2:39 am #8997

Cool! Thanks for the update.

It’s one of those plugins that you turned off that was causing the redirection, then.

Glad you fixed it! :)

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.