latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2members to control/set WP user levels

Home Forums Community Forum s2members to control/set WP user levels

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Michael Meyer 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 9:23 am #35317
Michael Meyer
Username: mmind

hi,
is s2member able to control the wordpress user role?
eg. a free user receives wp user role “subscriber” and a user with userlevel1 (paying user) receives wp user role “editor” (or author).

would that work with s2member?
i only found functions to control frontend pages and sites.

any idea how to solve this?
tnx, mmind

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Dec 27th, 2012 at 11:47 pm #35594
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

No it doesn’t. But many people have been able to use other plugins like Role Edit (I think) to add those functions to S2member specific roles (s2member_level1, s2member_level2, etc.).

Hope that helps.

Dave

Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 7:05 am #35604
Michael Meyer
Username: mmind

hi david,
tnx for reply,
yes, that also worked for me when i played around, user role editor sees the s2m profiles and give them access to the backend. thought there may be a easier way.

i need this to give my via s2m registered users access to post articles – which works fine, but when my users enter their articles they also see the s2member options in the sidebar, is there a chance to hide that from normal users (deactivating from topmenue options menue will not help, users can activate again)?

any idea?
tnx,
mike

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.