latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

S2M/iDevaffiliate Recurring Commissions

Home Forums Community Forum S2M/iDevaffiliate Recurring Commissions

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  RossGrant 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 12:33 am #40896
Rena Hearn
Username: renahearn

I want to have 2 types of affiliates. A one time flat rate affiliate and a recurring percentage affiliatate. I have the one time commissions working through the Signup Tracking. Now I have turned to researching the recurring. I understand from iDev tutorials and from the S2Member Forums that I have two options to doing this.

1) Enable Recurring Commissions in the Commissions settings.
Since I am going through S2M is it considered a Paypal subscription button and will I need to install a cron job?

When someone unsubscribes and is demoted by S2M to a Free Subscriber, will the recurring subscriptions stop. If not then maybe I should use option 2.

2) Using a Payment API notification in S2M.
If I use this, do I still need to have the SignUp Tracking codes, i.e. will 2 commissions be generated?

How do I tell iDev which affiliates I want to have recurring commissions and which I don’t?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 7th, 2013 at 6:09 pm #41090
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

I recommend using s2Member’s API Notification for Payments.

If I use this, do I still need to have the SignUp Tracking codes, i.e. will 2 commissions be generated?

No, you won’t need them both. All you need to do is grab the cURL Tracking Pixel provided by iDevAffiliate and attach that to your s2Member Payment Notification. This way iDevAffiliate is notified about every payment that you receive (including any future recurring payments).

See attached screenshot from iDevAffiliate.
Attach this to s2Member’s API Notification for Payments.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Payment Notifications

Regarding your initial question…

1) Enable Recurring Commissions in the Commissions settings.
Since I am going through S2M is it considered a Paypal subscription button and will I need to install a cron job?

I recommend NOT going this route, because iDevAffiliate requires that your PayPal notify_url (i.e. your IPN handler — be setup for them) and not for s2Member®. It’s possible to achieve this, but you’re looking at a more difficult situation to deal with in my opinion. It would require some custom code, and the end result is not any better really. And, as you mentioned — is requires a CRON job too.

If you find that you need something even more custom, you might create an API Notification Handler of your own, and place that as a proxy between s2Member’s Payment Notification and your iDevAffiliate cURL Tracking Pixel. This way you could award commissions based on any custom criteria you’d like to analyze before processing a commission. See: Knowledge Base » Building An API Notification Handler

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 10:53 pm #42401
Rena Hearn

Hi! I installed the curl tracking code as suggested. I did a test subscription. The idev registered 2 commissions for the one subscription. So I thought that since I was using the Payment notification, I shouldn’t need the Signup tracking codes that are used with the idev integration – my thought was this may have been why 2 commissions registered. So I deleted the signup tracking code, but now when I test, it doesn’t register any commissions. Any suggestions?

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 11:23 pm #42408
Rena Hearn

I reinstalled the signup tracking code….I put the sale amount to 0.00. It again showed 2 commissions, but had an error on the amount. This shows me that I have to have both tracking enabled.?. I don’t understand why. Help. Thanks.

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 11:41 pm #42411
Rena Hearn

This is the payment tracking api

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 12:27 am #42415
Rena Hearn

This is less the php tags. I guess the forum didn’t like those

$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, “http://www.thepricematchreport.com/idevaffiliate/sale.php?idev_saleamt=9.95&idev_ordernum=%%subscr_id%%&ip_address=%%user_ip%%”);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 2:31 am #42443
Staff Member

Did you paste in ALL that code, or just the URL itself?
All s2Member needs is the URL itself. You can take out everything else except the URL; on one line please.

Posted: Tuesday Feb 19th, 2013 at 6:30 am #42472
Rena Hearn

I tried both.

Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 9:22 pm #42880
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

It sounds like you might need to contact iDevAffiliate support then. This type of integration has worked without issue for others, and we use it here at s2Member.com also. I suppose it’s possible there is a problem with your installation of iDevAffiliate though (maybe just a configuration issue).

Please let us know what you find out from iDev. Thanks!

Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 10:29 am #43702
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Rena, did you figure this out?

I have set up a new forum post so we can all chip into a definitive answer for iDev integration.

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/a-definitive-look-recurring-commission-idev/

Were you by any chance testing out your commission with a post/page access button?

If so, I’m guessing the reason you had trouble is that you didn’t set your URL for the Specific Post/Page ~ Sale Notification URLs (optional)?

I have just set up my install with the cURL tracking pixel and it works just fine, as long as you have it set in each instance for payments AND for post/ page access on the APII Notifications page.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.