latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

s2stream local storage

Home Forums Community Forum s2stream local storage

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Apr 23rd, 2013 at 4:20 am #48159
Ira Feldman
Username: iradave

Hi –

We’re using S3/Cloud Front CDN and everything is working great now. But we want to serve up one particular video from our own server. With this shortcode

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" player_key="MYKEYGOESHERE" storage="local" file_download="video.mp4" /]

The file video.mp4 is in the s2member-files/ directory. (Not in the access-s2member-levelX directories.)

And it generates this PHP code on the webpage for the JW Player call

sources: // Available sources.
					[
						{file: 'http://www.bitsworkshop.org/premium/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-stream-no/s2member-file-inline/s2member-file-storage-local/video.mp4'}
					]

JW Player reports “Error Loading Media, File Not Found”.

Putting just this URL in the browser causes a 500 Internal Server Error. Is there perhaps a mod-rewrite issue or are the parameters on the URL wrong?

The system log reports

[Tue Apr 23 04:02:04 2013] [alert] [client 109.6.100.198] /usr/local/4admin/apache/vhosts/bitsworkshop.org/httpdocs/premium/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/.htaccess: Option MultiViews not allowed here

How do we get this fixed or what do I need to change?

Thanks,

Ira

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 23rd, 2013 at 8:25 am #48182

Well, the URL that doesn’t use mod-rewrite seems to work:

http://www.bitsworkshop.org/premium/?s2member_file_download=video.mp4

So it does look like a problem with your htaccess. I’d contact your webhost about it.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 23rd, 2013 at 9:35 am #48192
Ira Feldman

Hi Cristian,

Your reply doesn’t make sense on a few levels. Hopefully you will be able to help me figure out what is going on..

1. You shouldn’t be able to view the file since you haven’t logged in. (I didn’t see you having registered as a free account.)
2. When I try the non-rewritten URL above – and I’m not logged in, I receive the page that requests I register (as expected).
3. When I try the non-rewritten URL above and I’m logged in, it generates a Cloud Front request that results in this XML error file

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
< Code>NoSuchKey</ Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>video.mp4</Key>
<RequestId>EC6C6B99D12B2BEF</RequestId>
<HostId>
fXAmb8d31vk5WIf/So7H41gZtSzSgEOAwU7anPSLznMHmaz4cxk5bXLtYgX8/7jS
</HostId>
</Error>

4. The httaccess I am using is the one supplied by S2member and it appears to do all the other rewrites correctly.

Would you kindly reverify your answer above?

Thank you,

Ira

Posted: Tuesday Apr 23rd, 2013 at 6:46 pm #48219

I didn’t register an account, and couldn’t download the file because I wasn’t logged in. I meant it worked because it sent me to the Membership Options page as expected, instead of giving a 500 error as the other URL did.

I couldn’t tell about the CloudFront error because I didn’t get that far. You can send your site’s info so I take a look at this. Let me know when you sent it. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

The CF error you got says “NoSuchKey”, did you verify that you have the file video.mp4 in your bucket? Make sure the casing is correct too, it’s case sensitive. When you send the info, please include the name of the bucket you have in S3 and the name of some files you have in it.

Posted: Wednesday Apr 24th, 2013 at 4:25 pm #48307
Ira Feldman

Hi Cristian,

Ah, got it now as to why it “worked” for you. I’ve sent you log in info via the Private Contact form.

The file video.mp4 is NOT in my S3 bucket since I want to serve it from my normal server and not S3. (Actually it is a much larger video file but this in one is a stand in for testing.) As mentioned above, the file video.mp4 is in /wp-content/plugins/s2member-files. This is where I would like to serve a file from.

Here is a draft post that I am trying to use the code in
http://www.bitsworkshop.org/premium/wp-admin/post.php?post=641&action=edit

Almost all of my other posts, have a video being delivered via S3/CloudFront.

Thanks,

Ira

Posted: Thursday Apr 25th, 2013 at 7:53 am #48346

Thanks for the info.

I see that the URL for the local file seems formatted correctly. The problem seems to be with the directory itself. If I try opening http://www.bitsworkshop.org/premium/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/ I get a 500 error too.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin@webmasters.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Did you contact your webhost to see if they can help understand the reason behind it?

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 12:01 am #48418
Ira Feldman

Hi Cristian,

They referred me to the error message (in my original post) about MultiViews (whatever they are) are not allowed in the .htaccess file. I’m using whatever was installed by s2member. What are MultiViews? How do we check that it is correct?

Thanks,

Ira

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 6:13 am #48460

I’ll have to ask Jason about that, because it’s the first time it comes up as a problem. I’ll let you know what he says as soon as I hear back from him.

Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 9:56 am #48489
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

MultiViews are explained here, they are an Apache standard.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/content-negotiation.html

It is not detrimental to the functionality of s2Member, so if you are running a server which is having trouble with that setting, please remove it from the list in the /s2member-files/.htaccess file.

Find this line:
Options +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews -Indexes

Change it to:
Options +FollowSymLinks -Indexes

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 6:18 pm #48595
Ira Feldman

Hi Jason & Cristian,

Removing the MultiViews did the trick. Now, I can serve up media from both S3/CloudFront and from my local server.

Thanks,

Ira

Posted: Saturday Apr 27th, 2013 at 7:20 pm #48602

Great! Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.